HK 430 -For someone good with repairs.......

Bill H.

Hey Bill, Is it me or is the picture of this 630 the same as the one on the website Andy posted. Check out image 6 on the website then the picture of the back of the unit on the e-bay add. Looks like it's just an enlargement of the pic on the hk site. http://www3.sympatico.ca/dan300/hk/

I guess what I'm saying is the pic on the HK website looks like it came from the batch of pics as the one on e-bay. I would assume it belongs to one of the HK enthusiests and I bet would be in great condition. Of course, I always try to believe the best in people. Could be a complete rip-off.

Mike,

It looks like it to me also, plus I am not technically smart enough to fix something like this... does it look like the lights on the left side of the faceplate are dim or burnt out?

I agree though that it Looks like a great unit.. is the price on the 630 to high?

I saw the wood trim on the wall and put 2+2 together, but failed to look at the 630. You're right. It looks like the bulb is burnt out on the right side. I bet it's an easy fix though. He did sell another receiver Item# 3011787315 and it looks like the same light is out. Might just be the camera angle or could just be coincidence.

The light I'm sure is a easy fix at worst it takes gentle hands because some of these SS units have there lights in hard to reach spots. I have never had the pleasure of having a HK here so I'm guessing but I wouldn't let one light stop me from buying it. I bet the seller is one and the same as the Web page because the picture is indeed one and the same.

Craig

I have emailed the seller and asked a few questions and for some reason he is not replying to the picture being the same as the web site he just doesn't answer that question. This kind of makes me wonder about the seller ? He also has some complaints in is feedback history.

Craig

Craig,

I Totally agree!On the seller of the HK 630-I went back and researched his Negative ratings! General Consenses is STAY AWAY, from this guy, he is shady at best, and sells DOA items, and does not respond to emails.... So sad to see ebay sellers like this, and especially with a HK unit to boot.....

I saw the stuff the HK430 owner was selling and it looked shady to me. He sold those "Buy an X-Box for $15" things. The 630 did have a few negative feedbacks but the overwhelming were positive for as many items he has traded. The no response to e-mail would be cause enough to stay clear.

Are you sure he was trying to sell outside ebay rules or was he just trying to get Craig to bid? He doesn't seem so bad and he at least returns emails.

Craig what did he say about that 630, is it the same one at the website?

I received my 630 today. Looks awesome, very clean. Haven't had a chance to hook it up yet. I need to open her up and change the fuses and blow it out. Tomorrow will be A/B test time. HK 630 vs. Scott 299A.

3.gif

He really doesn't seem to bad actually just wants to sell it. He agreed to ship it in the BIN price for me. But I really decided it was more then I could pay right now. He finally say's the picture was stolen rescently off his auction and posted on that site which is possible so who knows his feedback isn't really that bad. Bill what rules has he broken ?? I know of none ?

John,

Haven't heard is all well with the 299 now ?? Are you loving it ?

Craig