NOS tube tale !!!

Dale W

A local guitar store is closing it's door due to the recent passing of the owner. I've been in his store many times and had my eye on a nice 12 string for quite some time. SO when i see an add in the local rag that a close out sale was happening i just had to go for one last look.

To make a long story short , the original owners son is now in charge of the store ( brain dead drug head ). Talking to him on a deal for the 12 string was like talking to the wall. So before leaving i noticed a sign pointing to the back room that said " clearance items " .

This room was piled with 60 years of pack rat items that were never thrown away , low and behold sitting there on a top shelf was a carton of 6SN7 GTB " NOS " tubes . Take one look at the attached picture and you'll know what caught my eye.

I picked them off the shelf and asked the burn out son how much $ he wanted for the tubes. He looked at me said " oh those old things have been hanging around here since before i was born " then he asked me if there worth anything ??

I looked him right in the eye and told him " these tube are all but useless today " but i might know a guy with an old tube pre-amp that might have a use for them. He looks down at the floor and say's " well if you give me $5.00 cash to buy a big mac meal for lunch you can take them "

" END OF STORY "

my pantheon pre-amp will love these tubes !!!

post-10527-13819246745964_thumb.jpg

CRAIG: Yes !! But i'm almost scared to go back after stealing those 6SN7 'S . I was in a big time hurry just to get out the door while trying to contain my excitement. There all sorts of weird # tubes. likly from tube guitar amps, if i work up the nerve i'll go back for another look. Anything special your looking for ?

LYNN : I'm so sorry you missed those, i was going to offer to bid on your behalf but i to was out of the office when the auction was closing. SH@t they were a nice pair.

I'll keep digging for some up here and let you know the second i hear anything. All i can offer right now is a pair of k-horn clones ( ev-1 ) that my best friend has. He just picked up some walnut k-horns for $3000.00 canadian last fall, perfect match to his walnut belles.

Dale,

Go offer the pot head $50 for the entire stash go buy me some deals !!! Send them down here and we can sell what we don't want I bet being a guitar shop there are tons of great output and driver tubes. Buy the entire lot !!! Hurry before someone else scores !!

Craig

CRAIG: I've got to work on saturday morning but i'll run over there after lunch , about the time his morning dubby is giving him the munchies .2.gif

Maybe if i offer a big extra meal " super sized " he'd let the whole works go. lol

Have to act quick or take a chance at the auction !! place is closing next week and being liqiudated at an auction house on the 12th of april.

----------------

On 3/14/2003 11:17:04 PM NOSValves wrote:

Oh yea heck be a sport and by him 2 extra super sized value meals !!

Craig

----------------

Gezz it's been 20 years since i've bought a bag of weed , i would'nt even know where to score today. lol

Thinking if i went down there and got the dude totaly stoned i'd likly get the 12 string and just about anything else i wanted. 3.gif

second thought i'd probably be the one so out of it i'd give him a blank check.14.gif

CRAIG: LOL

Did you know some of the best pot in the world comes from canada ?

British columbia hydo pot grower bake some weed that would floor a elephant !!

last fall i read an article on the internet about some kind of a weed contest they have every year over in holand i believe it was. Mostly it's a one day event but last year they had to strech it out to 2 days because the judges smoked the B.C pot first and were to stoned to smoke any more !!!