Consumer Reports speaker reviews

lemonman

I happened to go through the November 2002 issue of Consumer Reports and I found an audio review section! These bozos rated 24 bookshelf speakers from various brands. Well guess what they rated the Klipsch SB-3 bookshelves, and guess what? They were fourth from the bottom!! That's right these idiots claimed these speakers had 'weak treble' ??!! What amp and source were they using, Sesame Street 1000W PMPO SuperAmp with Cookie Monster HYPERz portable cd player ????

The worst part of this is that Bose 301 speakers were the second highest rated speakers! 7.gif

Great speakers like the B&W DM 602 S2 and PSB Image 2B were rated below the Bose!

Grrrrrr........Idiot speaker 'reviewers' make me sick

14.gif14.gif

This is what happens when companies like B*** pay big money to have preformers like Herbie Hancock push their products.....................Be happy that you know better and that you're now a confirmed Klipsch customer..............

NOS-

For many of the products that CR reviews-they Do preform an excellent service. For example the Izusu Tracker .....appliances and such they help the average consumer sort the wheat from the chaft... but you are correct in respect to Electronics/and Computers...........they are way behind..

Which is precisely why I cancelled my 8 year subscription with Consumer Reports. If they auditioned the Klipsch SB-3s with the proper amplification and sources (instead of the Made in Taiwan magagigawatt RatShack AV receiver and 1-bit MASH CD changer from CircusCity, which by the way is perfect for the 301s), then maybe they would've been the highest rated loudspeakers!

But alas, this is not the case, so I no longer subscribe to them.7.gif

I do miss Consumer Report's Recall notices, though...