Scott 299B Near me on Ebay

whell

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3014102548&category=3280

OK, so I might be willing to try this "tube thing". This just popped up last night, right near me in Detroit. Looks like its in great cosmetic shape, but the description of the tubes concerns me (doesn't look like its stocked with the ones you tubies usually mention here on the forum).

Of course, I also think that he's living in dream land with the $499 "Buy it Now" price.

Your thoughts?

Hopefully his reserve is way lower then the BIN because even though that is the nicest cosemetic example I have seen of a 299B with a wood case its still will require a rebuild for the best sound and safe use. That price is over the top I would say $400 max because of its awesome condition.

Craig

There is another 299B shown at Item#3014085247 with less desirable cosmetics, claim of operating, but missing key tubes. However, I'm not an expert; even that is an exaggeration. What is the estimated cost of bringing such an item to working condition. I recently missed a 299B by a fumbled bid and have been hovering on the sidelines since.

Agreed on the BIN price. I'm going to watch the bidding and see what happens. My suspicion is the item is over-valued by the seller, in which case he might relist if the reserve is not met.

I can be patient, if that is the case.....

The cost of rebuild can range from !$175 to $385 just depends on how many mods you want done and how much you want rebuilt. Some want a complete "I never have to worry rebuild" with all the mods and other want the bare minimum to make it work with less expensive parts.

Craig

Yea mine must be worth at least $750 at that rate LOL !!!! What crazy is I looked thru the buyers feedback and he buys tubes and similar stuff. 299B go for more than other Scotts but wow. Especially when expert says there not that good a amp LOL !!

Wow! $499 is a high price! If one looks at the bidding, the buyer, xrayrad, bumped the price from $200 to $499; he(she) must have wanted it pretty bad. Giving $50 to $75 for being pretty and $100 to $125 for a wooden case, we arrive at $325 to $350. A forum member bought one around $50 below that level some weeks ago (guessing).

Looking at the second unit, it is being sold missing 4-12AX7's, 4-EL84's and 1-GZ34 tube. He says it worked a year ago, before he pirated (my words) the tubes. What's the value of these tubes (high side)? Or, what are a couple good locations to price them (forum members, please apply).

Still interested,

Ken Lehr

Ken if the tubes are all Original and good the Value is in the several hundreds $250 or more to replace with the same that it came with.

I bought my Pristine 299B without a case with all good tubes and like new condition hardly ever used for $249 about 4 months ago. Dean did the same with a case for $349 I believe. The prices are Sky rocketing because of tax time.

Craig