new home theatre system

pinipig523

It started with the promedias and ended up with an entire klipsch home theatre system. i went home for spring break and my parents were looking for a home theater system under 2 grand. they were intent on getting a bose acoustimass 16... so i tried my best to convince them to go for klipsch instead.

my dad was leary at first, so i brought him to Tweeter. when we got there, we watched star wars and listened to a few cds... boy was he impressed. he turned to me and he said, "klipsch sounds live."

so we ended up buying from the synergy series... the reference series was just a little too much.

tweeter had a klipsch blowout, 30% off all klipsch products. we got the sf-2 ($400 for the pair), sc-1 ($180), sb-1 (for surrounds, $175 for the pair) and a ksw-10 (for $250).

i'd say it was a good deal.

9.gif

now my promedias sound like crap....

Excellant, and I honostly believe your parents got a far better system for the money than going with Bose.

I know about how the ProMedias now sounding like crap compared to the "real" Klipsch. Still, the ProMedias are still a good sounding set of PC speakers. I would be willing to bet your ProMedias sounds better than that Bose your parents thought about going with.

Out of curiosity, what reciever are your parents running all that through?

we are running it through a dennon receiver.... not sure what model it is though... it costed something like 499... so its pretty decent.

my god, when i listened to craig david on the ht speakers, i was so blown back by... it was like, i need to hook these up to my pc!

thanks guys, i know they sound definitely better than bose... bose lacks midrange like u wouldnt believe.

also, i thought that the we got a REAL good deal from tweeter... i've never seen those speakers at those prices!

I know I am completely new to this HT game but I was wondering why not just have four SF-2's (money permitting) instead of going with some smaller bookshelf speakers (plus a center and sub)? Is there some inherent audio faux paus in doing so? Thanks for the info, Wintermute

thanks guys!

so i joked with the tweeter guy at the point of sale...

I asked, "so these would sound better than the bose?"

he answered, "these would out-do their top of the line lifestyle 50."

no need to say, we ended up laughing afterwards.

i havent really heard them (the bookshelfs were on back order) since i had to go back to school. the next time i go home, im gonna watch the matrix and saving private ryan.