Just bought a new KSW-10

pinipig523

For just a little more, I feel do get your money's worth with the KSW-12. If you look at the Tom Nousaine test on both, you'll see the 25-63hz average output is 8db higher and 25hz output is 5dB higher. I feel this is very much worth the $30 difference.

Nousaine data

As a previous owner of the KSW-12, I feel there are better subs for the price. After selling my KSW-12 I switched to the Infinity IL100s. It had similar output but I got rid of the one note boom boom syndrome the KSW subs are known for(goes lower according to the Nousaine tests). I later switched to the 12" version(IL120S), which slaughtered both in output and I still had the great sound quality of the Interlude subs. These Infinity subs also have a built in single band parametric eq called RABOS. The RABOS system will help battle against the largest peak in your room's frequency response. More than likely, it will make a significant difference in perceived sound quality. Both of these subs are within your price range, available from ebay seller: harmanaudio

IMO, the subs are better looking and available in three different finishes.

I had a pair of KSW-10's for a couple of years, and never had a fuse problem. As I recall, there was a batch of speakers shipped with bad fuses. Once the fuses were replaced, the problems stopped.

I can't comment on the KSW-12 upgrade, I have never heard one. I sold mine, when I bought K-horns. The KSW-10's couldn't keep up.

Is the KSW12 worth the extra $$,you bet just look at Tom Nousaine's chart.I compared the KSW10 directly to the KSW12 and 15.The KSW10 uses a smaller woofer powered by a lesser amp,the gain with the KSW12 is audible and does not take a crystal ball to figure out.

I would opt for the KSW12

Tom Nousaine chart lacks many great subs,and should be updated.The Aerial SW12,Revel B15,Sunfire Mark IV and SIgnature are all missing!The latest HGS18II is missing,the newer SVS and HSU!

The chart is great but very incomplete.

Hey Mr. Ear,

Do you know if Tom Nousaine tested any of those subs in his 7500cu ft room?

Also, if anyone has any info on other "Nousained" subs(in his current room) that aren't on the list, please post the info here or email me the info.

fabulousfrankie@hotmail.com

I'm currently searching the net for info on subs that aren't on the list. I'm gonna update the info as best I can, put it on a webpage to make it look a little neater, and post it to share with everyone.