Great speaker ( s ) in Todays line- up ?

Clint Phare

Clint,funny you should ask.I have just completed extensive research trying to determine exactly what you have asked.To get right to the point, I found the absolute best sounding speakers that Klipsch has ever produced are the one's that I own.

Keith

• 2 weeks later...

Hmmm... that's mighty peculiar Eyes.gif because,

"I found the absolute best sounding speakers that Klipsch has ever produced are the one's that I own."... but, upon reflection, they will be the ones I am about to own. Must be all those "BobG Whiz" comments we have been reading! Tipsy.gif HornEd

Clint,

I've gotten on a Heritage kick lately and I couldn't imagine moving from that line, but I have to tell you that I am still greatly impressed with my little RB-5 bookshelf speakers. They're not the top of the line, by any means. But they're an awesome little speaker and a great value. Perfect for my jazz music without a sub, and great for HT with a sub. One of the Canadian audio magazines justed listed them as one of the four highlighted reviews in their annual gear guide and referred to the RB-5s as near-monitor quality.

Of course, the Jubilees will have them all beat! Not that I'll ever be able to afford a pair. Frown.gif

Ross

------------------

"Time flies like an arrow.

Fruit flies like a banana."

which mag gave Klipsch a good review?

I sure would like to see one - it galls me that Advantgarde is getting great press with an expensive horn set-up and that the reviewers aren't knocking down the doors of other horn makers to review their products - too bad Klipsch doesn't have a $10K speaker line with built-in powered sub-woofers ...

anyway, I think that the RB5s in the current line-up are pretty great, especially considering their size - they would be a good start for a 2 channel music system that you could build up to a 6 channel HT set-up with two sub-woofers

the best bang for your buck though is probably a Heritage speaker sold used and cheap from someone who does not like big and loud music or speakers

Colin, I'm pretty sure your question was rhetorical, but just in case it wasn't I did a search of my original post on this article. The magazine was Audio Visual Ideas, or something similar, and I posted about it in February. Not sure which issue, but it would be pretty close to that date. This was NOT, fortunately, the other magazine that I bought at about the same time that described a BOSE speaker system in their article about setting up the ideal home theater... gaaaack.

Ross

------------------

"Time flies like an arrow.

Fruit flies like a banana."