alienware sucks! I'm supremley screwed now!

prodj101

Prodj

At the risk of overstating the obvious have you tried calling Alienware and bringing the error to their attention ?

It seems to me that it would make sense to give them the opportunity rectify the situation before getting all bent out of shape and raising hell with the BBB etc.

9.gif9.gif

I recall an incident that occurred when I had my business. I got a call from our local BBB that stated a complaint had been lodged against me. I asked for the details but they refused to do so unless I guaranteed to resolve the complaint to their satisfaction. I refused to do so until I had more information. The guy on the phone got very patronising. I got P.O.'d and told him to go straight to hell. He threatened to put a note in my file. I told him to perform an especially intricate aerial autoerotic exercise. The BBB threw me out of the club.

The kicker ? The complainer came to my store about a week later *****ing about the other second hand store in town. I said I was suprised as the owner was usually pretty fair and reasonable. She said " I fixed him good. I reported him to the BBB and they blacklisted him !"

Bingo !!

I asked her the name of the store she complained about she said: You must be joking ! Surely you know that his place is Marshall's Attic !!

I said Madam: THIS IS MARSHALL'S ATTIC ! Now kindly call the BBB and set them straight!

After she left I called my competitor and gave him a heads up. Ray roared with laughter and told me the story about why she was angry. She had purchased a good used vacuum cleaner and a few days later found an identical one for sale privately at a lower price. She went to him and demanded that he match the private seller's price and refund the difference. He politely refused to do so. She reported him (actually me) to the BBB claiming that she had been effectively defrauded because the price she paid was exorbitant ( It was a 2 year old Kirby and she paid $250.00 for it. At that time they were being sold by door to door salespeople for about $2500.00 ).

I called the BBB and spoke to the clown who had talked down his nose at me. It was clear that he had some erroneous notions about the second hand business and the owners of those businesses. I repeated my suggestions regarding ways he might amuse himself and suggested a secure storage area for my BBB membership.

P.S. The whiner later advertised the Kirby in the local paper at twice what she paid for it. I don't know if she ever found a victim errr....buyer.

You can get great case selections from:

www.directron.com

MB and some other prices are a little high. I have got several cases from them though and depending on what you get they are built like tanks. I have an older case that I am almost afraid to move because it is so flimsy. The one I got for my dual athlon is solid. They have also had most of the same cases that alienware sells. My younger son has one of the "hydraulic" cases, the one with the front that slides down. For steel cases I like the antec models. They are very good.

Marvel