ACK. One of my belles drivers is not working

m00n

Ok, so I decided to play a little with the balance. I turned it all the way to the left and noticed there was na da coming from the base bin. Nothing at all.

Can someone post a picture of how their wires connected to the crossovers? I am wondering if maybe I have the wires hooked up wrong.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Well, it definitly is the driver. I independly checked each horn, they seem to be working, but the base driver is a no go. To ensure that it was dead I hooked it up to the squawker and nothing at all came out...

How in the hell do you get into the base bin?

Yep... It's totally blown from what I can tell... I tipped the speaker over and noticed the access... I took the speaker wires off the crossover and held them directly onto the posts on the driver... Got a very faint little squable of sound.

What a crock.

Well what do I do besides get a hold of the lady who sold me the speaker. She will deny any responsibility I am certian.

Can I get a replacement from Klipsch or do I get a different driver? If I get a different driver other than what Klipsch provides, are there any recomendations?

Nothing felt broken. But ok now you tell me after I put it all back together.11.gif2.gif

GAWD DAMN IT... THIS IS WHY I REFUSED TO BUY A FRIGGEN THING OFF EBAY! BUT OH NO... I DID IT ANYWAY AND GOT BURNED MY FIRST TIME. "F" "F" "F" 32.gif

So, I checked the terminal and no, it was not broken. How much are these drivers to replace?

Also, when a driver is in good condition, when you press down on it, should it or should it not be able to move? I gently tried to get the speaker to move in and out but it would not budge. Seems to me that I have heard of this and what it would indicate if I am not mistake is a frozen voice coil? Is that right?

Ok its done.

It was overdriven with bass, some one had turned the bass up all the way, and cranked it, the coil jumped out of the magnet, when it bounced back to the magnet it was off center causing it to slam against the magnet!

have it reconed, if you can!

Any ripples in the paper?

Last i heard a new driver from Klipsch was 100.00

Good luck mOOn

9.gif

I have a spare K33-E that was pulled from a La Scala about 10 years ago. Dont know the age of it, but it has a black cage & square magnet. I was hanging on to it in case I ever needed it. If it is the same, I might be willing to give it up if you cant find one. It is the same as my 85' Belle's

----------------

On 3/27/2003 1:20:34 AM cyclonecj wrote:

I have a spare K33-E that was pulled from a La Scala about 10 years ago. Dont know the age of it, but it has a black cage & square magnet. I was hanging on to it in case I ever needed it. If it is the same, I might be willing to give it up if you cant find one. It is the same as my 85' Belle's

----------------

How much would you be willing to part with it for? Why is it not being used now? I guess I must ask the stupid question and ask if it still works 1.gif

Yes, it worked perfect, however I will recheck it & take pics tomorrow.

It was from a pair of parted out speakers of a friend. He was building something strange for his van, & only wanted the horns, so I talked him out of one just in case I needed it (I am running a 250wpc Adcom). However in 10 years, it is still in the box. I am willing to give it up real cheap.

----------------

On 3/27/2003 1:34:05 AM cyclonecj wrote:

Yes, it worked perfect, however I will recheck it & take pics tomorrow.

It was from a pair of parted out speakers of a friend. He was building something strange for his van, & only wanted the horns, so I talked him out of one just in case I needed it (I am running a 250wpc Adcom). However in 10 years, it is still in the box. I am willing to give it up real cheap.

----------------

What is still in the box? The adcom, or the driver? And what box is that? The actuall la scala or the shipping box?