Any Khorns FS in Canada ?

lynnm

Whine Snivel Sob *****-***** Complain !!

I have lost out on several recent attempts to obtain a set of Khorns .

I bought the Walnut Khorns that Adam is offering for $ 1600.00 elsewhere on the forum. but arranging shipping to Canada has proven to be impossible.

I have been sniped on Ebay ( was on the road home with my car pool and could not protect my bid).

I had a pair lined up in Mo which got pulled just as I was submitting my bid ! I entered my bid and the message came back that the speakers were no longer available !

I had Dale Walker in Edmonton watching for me but when he learned that I had bought Adam's 1968's he stopped looking. Last weekend he found a pair but didn't contact me because I had lined up the pair Adam is selling. They went to someone else at one hell of a good price.

I am once again on the hunt but only for Khorns located in Canada and then only if the seller can guarantee that he/she can arrange crating/shipping. I will of course pay for those costs.

I can be reached at:

lmarshall703@shaw.ca

-or-

lynnm,

I am in the same situation as you are. I've been looking for Khorns for about six months in Montreal but no luck just yet. The owner of a audio shop who sells traded-in speakers remembers seeing a pair three years ago. Another person saw a pair in the local newspaper some time ago but the asking price was $5000CAD. I guess they are harder to come by in Canada. In any case, my search for Khorns turned up a pair of '84 Cornwalls that I am extremely happy with. Good luck...

Hey Kudret!

I am going to pick up a pair of 80's Oak Oil Khorns in Maine this weekend (4/5) the guy has another pair in Birch that he is looking to get $1250 for. Montreal is not that much farther from him than I am. He is in Richmond, ME and the speakers are 5 minutes away in Gardiner. It is a little over a 5 hour drive I think for me to get them. Perhaps, while I am there I can look them over for you if you have any interest. He also has a pair of La Scala's. Let me know, maybe you can hook up with a pair.1.gif

They are 70's vintage from what he told me, they have some cosmetic issues but nothing terrible. I am near Burlington, VT and yes I can take my digital camera along an snap some photos if you like. I will talk to him about them when I am there. Good thing I only have a mini-van or else I might come home with the La Scala's too. However I do have a roof rack, hmmmmmmm.

So close lynnm,

a set of Khorns was available in northern BC (Prince George)for $600 CDN !! I called the owner and he said everything was original but they did need some refinishing. I don't recall the year. At the time, I wasn't able to get them. So now I'm finishing off some Khorn clones, go figure!

That was about 10 months ago. I'll keep a look out for you.

Timing sure is everything!!

I live in Toronto and have had the same problem finding a pair of K-Horns..A pair showed up two years ago in the local "buy and sell" but I did not have the cash..He wanted $2000 cdn. Last August another pair turned up in the buy and sell but we wanted $3500cdn. They were 1987 oiled walnut. At the time I still did not have the cash. Anyways, about a month ago I look in the buy and sell and this guy still has his k-korns for sale. Apparently he had several offers at $3000cdn but was holding out for $3500. I had the cash now so I checked them out and bought them..They are gorgeous speakers..I didn't know how long before I would see another pair in Toronto so I went over my budget to get the 87 K-Horns....I am not dissapointed I did...

Lynm

Thanks....They were well worth it....

check out www.buysellzone.com..This ad paper comes out each Friday in Toronto and you can access the adds for free..My k_horns were listed in this paper for over 5months..I figured something must have been wrong with them but when I finally checked them out, they were pristine..There was a pair about two years ago,1990's I believe for $2000 cdn. I reached the seller a week too late....

Good luck....

I know how hard it can be to hunt some heritage speakers down !! But I saw an ad that might interest you... i don't know how much you are willing to spend and shipping, but the ad was in the Vancouver Buy-Sell March 27th issue for a pair of KLIPSCHORN at 2,995$ OBO ...

I don't have the phone as i'm not a member... but check it out at

http://www.buysell.com/results.asp?id=821&qu=klips&more=-1&less=-1&la=0&lo=0&prox=NaN&search=class&srhIssue=&vt=%09%09%2B+vehicle_type+%2B+&mnf=%09%09%2B+vehicle_manf+%2B+&yrfrom=0&yrto=0&mk=&mdl=&SUBMIT1=Display+Results

hope the link works... ;) (or try www.buysell.com and search around)

I'm in Montreal, and I'm always looking out for some more heritage speakers to complete my system... I'd really like some more Cornwalls or Heresys but I'd be open to a partial set... *puts on flame retardant suit* I would like to build a custom centre but I'm not supposed to mention it in 2-channel section... ;) If anyone sees any deals in eastern Canada drop me a line... :)

Thanks formica

I signed up and now he's asking C$ 3500.00. By the time I figure in shipping or travel costs (Truck rental,gas,hotel etc.) that is getting past my limit. I'll call him though and see if he is willing to consider his original price.

I appreciate the heads up.