My new 2003 Klipschorns

DTLongo

My new Klipschorn megaspeakers arrived yesterday after a wait of six months. First impressions? Here's a copy of an email to my two grown sons. Son Mark is a rock musician, among other things.

(begin excerpt) One word: they are A W E S O M E. Stonehenge-like. You want to genuflect. These puppies are big, they stand almost chin-high and each weighs about 160 lbs. They project a BIG, effortless, titanic sound, perfectly smooth, awesomely loud if you want that and without a hint of effort or strain. Listening to them is more than a sonic feat, it is an enveloping EXPERIENCE. They have incredible impact. They literally sweep you up and carry you away.

You guys are in for an experience when you come hear these. Mark, think of the best and most powerful rock sound-reinforcement speakers you have ever heard. These are better.

These speakers are a 50-year-old design. Klipsch has a slogan, "A Legend in Sound." For these speakers, that's true. They're also known as "The Mighty Klipschorn." I can see why. They are among the very best speakers in the world, arguably THE best. Qute a dream come true for yours truly. (end excerpt)

Hey, I first heard of KHorns as a kid in Boston in the 1950's. I turn 61 next month. They ARE a liftetime audio dream come true. I feel very fortunate.

I do have a digital cam and took pics, including of the back of the bass cabinet and interior of the horns enclosure, as the new Khorns were being unpacked and set up. Would be glad to post a few if someone will tell me how. The BB instructions say to attach pics before entering text. I tried but somehow or another got hung up and couldn't get back to the text screen. Advice, please?

• 2 weeks later...