Sub Huntin (HELP!)

Stephen328

Well, for quite some time now ive had my eye on the RSW-12. Looks like its gonna be about $955 including shipping. Before I go though with it though, I would really like to hear any other possibilities. This sub will be 100% music, and my room is relativly small. I was just looking at SVS, and they do look mighty spiffy, then agian ive heard they are moreso geared towards music. Than again I would have no trouble getting my hands on an extra amp. Ok, now that ive rambled my real question is:

What is the best music sub out there for under a grand???

Thanks

go with RSW!!!!!!! considering what you're using it for, I think you'd like it alot more. there is virutally no music that is going to go lower than what the RSW-12 can handle, and since you say it will be used for only music you don't have to worry about movies. from what I've read (from people who have tried both side by side) the RSW are cleaner and faster sounding.

Stephen,

I don't have one, but lots of folks Love the SVS series! Type in SVS on the search above, and get lots of info on this brand. I want to someday get the SVS 20-39PCI.........its only $599.00 and is good for music!..

www.svs.com

3.gif

You will not get the answer Homer!The reason is simple there are a few great "music" subwoofers for under a grand.

HSU VTF3

SVS PC-Plus

Klipsch RSW12

For an all around use I would select the VTF3,for movies mostly the PC-Plus and if you like Klipsch the RSW12 does a great job too.None here are slow or boomy,the VTF3 and PC-Plus dig deeper with power and the SVS is a giant toilet paper roll and the VTF a "gorgeous" black box.Wait the RSW12 has "real" wood finish.

If you like the extra upper punch you cannot go wrong with the RSW12,if you like DEEEEP the SVS and if you like the best of both worlds the VTF3 is A ok.