I love my KG4s!

punch1

Well, I finally picked them up and have about 20 hours or HT & music on them already. They sound awesome! These are the same Klipsch speakers that I remember from back in 1987 or so when I had the same pair. I can't believe the sound that can come from a smaller 2-way speaker! They are a keeper indeed. I didn't bat an eye when I picked up another pair for $145. Those will go in my basement HT.

I also enjoy the KV-1 center that I recently picked up. It's a great match with the KG4. Now I just have to find the right set of surounds. I currently run KG2s upstairs and some older BICs downstairs. They work but I think I'm leaning towards the SS-1 surrounds for both HTs because of size and placement constraints.

Thanks again for all of your suggestions and tips!

Pat

KG4's were the first Klipsch speakers I ever owned. I had been using a pair of old Sony speakers that went with one of those record player/receivers my parents bought me when I was a teenager. I bought a laser/cd player with them and hooked it all up to my JVC receiver and I remember I just couldn't get over how clear the sound was. My first cd was a collection of hit singles from the Police. I was literally stunned, it felt like they were in the room with me.

Traded up for Quartets (I must not have had them long, I don't even remember them) and finally ended up with Fortell's. I still have those.

I just picked up a pair about a month ago. I must admit, your buy price was a bit better than mine. However, I promptly hooked up mine to my trusty old Sansui 9090 and the sound is just fabulous. Can't say enough about these little gems.

----------------

On 4/17/2003 10:14:10 PM B Schutte wrote:

My 18 year old KG4s are still going strong and have migrated to our Home theatre set-up.

I would be interested in hearing everyones ideas on what they would use for the rear surround paired up with the KG4s.

Thanks

----------------

KG-1, 1.2, or 1.5

Ideally, another pair of KG-4's, but most people don't have that kind of room.

----------------

On 4/18/2003 5:37:13 PM B Schutte wrote:

Thanks for the suggestion.

I also have the Audiosource SW-15 subwoofer. Did you perform any of the modifications that you frequently see suggested on the web?

----------------

I haven't read much on the web about it. Maybe I should, it's quite boomy. (Might also be the location I have it in, but it's the only spot left in the room, LOL)

I did stuff some pollyfill in it and removed the polyfill from the ports.

----------------

On 4/15/2003 9:20:57 PM punch1 wrote:

I also enjoy the KV-1 center that I recently picked up. It's a great match with the KG4. Now I just have to find the right set of surounds. I currently run KG2s upstairs and some older BICs downstairs. They work but I think I'm leaning towards the SS-1 surrounds for both HTs because of size and placement constraints.

Pat

----------------

That is nearly the same setup my oldest brother has, except he has the KG4.2. He says he loves his speakers. He is also using a pair of KSB-1.1s for the surrounds. That is pretty cool when I find out my oldest brother also has Klipsch 1.gif

• 2 years later...

I got my first Klipsch product two weeks ago after I won an e-bay auction. A nice set of KG-4's from a guy in Kansas. I took a risk on them even though I've never heard them before. At this point of my listening to them, I think their the nicest 2-way's of their time and even possibly still are today. I paid $280.00 for them, but I've paid 4 times that for lesser sound in the past.

Mark

KG4's were the 1st Klipsch I heard, owned, and will probably own again at some point. I have had 4 pairs come and go. I remember noticing how clear they sounded compared to the monstrous AT-15 Cerwin Vega's I had lusted over for years, but never bought. Even had better (tighter)bass. Size does not always matter. Quality does. Price paid $200.