Cornwall E-Bay Help

Moit

Tony,

Congrats on your steal! You got a great deal, and fantastic shipping! BTW a pair that sold the same time as yours, from CA sold for 1,353.00 (but the buyer had no feedback)....... Keep us informed as as usual..........Pic, Pic, Pictures........... 9.gif

Very sweet deal Tony. After everything was said and done I paid over 700 dollars to have my Cornwalls. Another $200 plus for shipping to CA from St.Louis. Once you hook those things up, you and your wife will know how sweet of a deal it is. Congratulations!1.gif

P.S. Be prepared, they are BIG.

Tony - Congrats on purchase. I'm glad to see a fellow memeber was able to pick these up. Please let us know how they work out. I will continue my search, and fine tunning my WAF. She loves the old KG4's and new RF7's, she just doesn't understand why I NEED some Cornwalls. Go figure?

I'm all over it!

I've gone to the piont that I haven't told her yet.11.gif

I foresaw the affirmation that I've gotten from you guys and am compiling it into my justification presentation.

Affirmation justification presentation???

How far gone am I?

That's three "shuns" in one sentence. Someone call the grammer police.

If it makes you feel any better, my wife has no idea I just bought a tube amp for I won't tell you how much to be sent for rebuild for I don't know how much. When I finally get it home it will probably have come directly from the thrift store or loaned to me by a friend at work.11.gif

• 2 weeks later...

Well, I received them Friday. Boy are the cabinets trashed. I think I can fix 'em up spiffy though but it will be a project.

The thing that concerns me is the tweeters. Very low output (please see the "Cornwall tweeter help" thread on the "Trouble Shooting" BB).

I told the seller about it and it seems as though he's going to work with me. The auction description did not come close to being accurate regarding the condition of the speakers.

So, cross your fingers for me.

I'm going to post some pic's as soon as I can, kind of a before and after thing. I want to show you the stands that I made for my Heresys as well and get your opinions.

What's inside you ask?

K-77

K-55V

K-33E

Type "B" crossovers

The good thing is that the componants inside look brand new, not even any dust!

They sound sweet too, except for the tweeter thing. Maybe I'll get lucky and it'll be an easy repair.

By the way, Damn these things are BIG!!