Dating my Cornwalls

I know a lot of us enjoy, OK love, the Heritage sound, but I think dating your Cornwalls is just going too far. (But since you are asking, I usually buy my pair some flowers, then off to a romantic restaurant, or maybe a movie.)

fini

----------------

On 5/2/2003 7:05:11 AM Frzninvt wrote:

In addition to what fini suggested you bring on your date, a nice bottle of boiled linseed oil ought to help loosen things up a bit.
9.gif

----------------

Every time I use that technique, the evening ends in a nice rub-down. One other note: Before you get too carried away, make sure both CW's have their diaphragms in place (or that your "LP" still has its shrink-wrap). One cannot be too careful these days.

fini

Thanks for the replies re: dating my Cornwalls (and for the actual date).

I would like to give them a nice rubdown. First I will have to strip them though2.gif

I bought my CW's at my neighbor's yard sale. (Yes, I got them for a song). The tweeter diaphragms were shot so I have had those replaced. I believe they must have been from a theatre installation. They have no bases and have a black utilitarian finish. The grills appear to be homemade. The fronts of the cabinets are flush and the grills are attached to the front with velcro. The grills do not cover the ports at the bottom.

They sound awesome. Big soundstage.

I am driving them with an Onkyo TS-DX575x. I am also using a David D-Box 300 subwoofer.

Apologies for my previous post. I don't know why it showed up blank.