Projectors Ideas

I'm having ideas of grandeur. . .

Can anyone recommend HT projectors?

I'm looking at 3 in particular based on price (i'm still cheap after all).

Sanyo PLV Z1 (LCD)

Infocus X1 (DLP)

Panasonic PT-L300U (LCD)

I've read some reviews on projectorcentral.com but was wondering if anyone on this BB had anymore insight as I've trusted most of your judgement in the past and it's paid off as I've been lurking around.

(I've also look on HTforum a bit)

Thanks

I went and demoed 2 of the ones i was looking at. the infocus x1 and the sanyo plv-z1. Suffice to say they are very different dlp vs lcd technology. I actually prefer the lcd image over the dlp which is supposedly better. Either project imho far surpasses regular rptv's. Even hd compatible ones. I definately think projection technology is now affordable enough for anyone considering a bigscreen. I personally think i'm sold on the sanyo plv-z1, only 1500 when ordered online to the states. 10.gif

The only problem is the cost of projection lamps. Most of them are $300-$500 to replace the bulb (comes as an assembly). There are people working on using white LEDs for the lamp, which are much cooler, and could be run with no fan. These aren't as bright yet. But keeping the size of the projected image a little smaller helps.

Marvel