For Sale: NOSvalves Scott 299B

Deang

Craig,

As a rank newbie I have following the tube threads on this forum and have learned alot. Well, at least enough to know that the tubes were calling me and that if I could run across a 299 I'd send it to you to rebuild. Had no idea that this weekend the timing would be such as to run across the one you built for Dean. Being really low on the learning curve, I'm sure to be scratching on your door for help in giving the amp the proper TLC and appreciation. Dean tells me just to let him know if you should give me any trouble. LOL.

Dean,

I've got a 20 year old daughter that I'm continually keeping in prayer for her protection. We are keeping you and your family before the Lord.

On the 299b, your association with Craig is sure my good fortune. I'm sorry for the circumstances, and glad that your daughter is home. This forum has been a good community to discover. Hope your work will bring you to LRAFB sometime. Let me know so I can buy your dinner. I've got a buddy who's got 13 acres in crawfish and they are just coming in season. Also, thanks for your TLC and creative work on restoring the 299c. The wood side trim looks great. I've seen some rather grungy looking cases on Ebay. This is one sweet looking amp. Thank you.

Regards,

Dee

Dean, I just read your post for the first time. My thoughts echo those above; I'm sorry about your daughter and she's fortunate to have the family to come home to that she does ...

For those of you who missed Dean's Scott opportunity to get into nice vintage tubes on the cheap, I'll be selling my restored, NOS-reworked HF-81 very soon and am just getting the word out there ... All new caps, refinished cabinet, Mullards and Telefunkens, $595 firm. This is less than what I've put in it but the price is about right. It's a peach. Craig can vouch for it. Please see attached photo.

I only need the money to help pay off the new incoming Lessard Horus monoblocks. I have this -81 attached to my Klipschorns presently and they sure do sound fine!

post-4827-13819247218712_thumb.jpg

I am thinking of getting into the whole tube gear, but have a question. How it sound with my RF3II? I would like to get a good amp first then some heratage speakers.

Dean

Sorry to hear man. I am young and I have been there, it will be slow but things will get better. Good Luck

If you guy the separates route, you should be mating your tube amp with a tube preamp. If on a budget, you should consider a nice integrated unit like the one I just sold. As you can see above, Chris Robinson just put his Eico up for sale for $600 -- which would be an outstanding option for you considering your musical tastes.

3-20-02_0011.jpg

Do you listen loud?

The RF-3's are a very good sounding speaker. Heresies will give you more midrange at the expense of some low end. Both speakers are very good. I like them both about the same for different reasons.

----------------

On 5/4/2003 12:41:01 AM NOSValves wrote:

Dandy ,

Welcome aboard !! Are you sure Dean didn't say if you needed my guidance to "send him the bill"

2.gif

Craig----------------

Craig,

It's more like Dean was telling me you are such a regular guy there won't be any bill to send. Except for parts.9.gif9.gif9.gif

.... the 299b has kind of been adopted, but will be keeping the same doctor!!!

Well, I actually appreciate the fact that when you're in business you can't do a "brother-in-law" job for everybody and still make a living. Good work is worth what it costs and it's not a fair expectation for you to pull the whole wagon on your own time.

Thanks for the welcome. It's nice to be able to show up at the forum, read posts and get a hard time all in the same location6.gif

Thanks in advance for your support, coaching and hand holding for newbie tubies. Considering the attitudes about most things as disposable in our culture, it's pretty cool to be keeping fine vintage gear in service.

Regards,

Dee

Easylistener -- The Fortes would sound excellent with the Scott and Eico vintage amps.

Dee -- I could have sworn Craig gave me a lifetime transferrable warranty with that thing.2.gif

As you long as you don't do the turn it on, turn it off, turn it on, turn it off thing constantly -- I wouldn't expect any problems with it.