OT - Speaker Post

snapgt

This is really off topic, but some time ago, somebody posted a picture of an insane set of speakers, that were basically unattainable for the majority of the world's population. I've looked back over the history of this forum, but apparently the earlier posts have been removed. In any case, is there a chance anybody has that picture saved?

-snap-

YES!! That's the one. Thanks. I was checking out the Genesis (www.gen-tech.com) 1.1's today, and thought about the Grand Enigma system. Wouldn't mind having the Genesis 1.1's, but finding a room to keep them in would be a problem. Anyway, thanks ViV for the link.

-snap-

Hmmm...I know Krell makes great pre/power amps, and their processors are supposed to be decent, but I'm not so sure about their sub. If you want an insane sub(s) to go with the enigma series, then go with Hsu Research's HRIBR. It consists of 32 18" drivers housed in 16 separate 15"x18"x20" pieces. Anechoic frequency response is 10-100 Hz, +/- 1dB. Total cost, a mere $80,000. Always wanted to see a pic of this thing, but have yet to find one.

-snap-

Now that would be sweet if they were all in the same enclosure.. you would get some high winds out of that one. 18inchers.. wow.. must be some freakin huge magnets on them.. If you stand too close to them for long periods of time.. your cells start to mutate.

• 5 months later...

Ah do I hear SUB TALK here?

Yesss now we are talking,TheEAR(s) is a self proclaimed sub bass freak and SPL sicko.

True Snapgt I read about this HSU super sub system but NEVER saw one review and NOT a single pic.I have to send Dr. Hsu and e-mail and request a pic.HSU subs are like SVS(both use the tube as the cabinet,clever way to minimise cost and reduce cabinet "distortion"(read vibrations)to almost zero.

I heard the SVS Ultras and will get a pair begining next year if Mr TV forgives me my defiance. LOL(read the subwoofer section KSW15 VS RSW15 and you will undersatnd).

Krell makes awesome SS power amps,when I say awesome I mean superman like.Musical and with power to drive any speaker in the world with total ease.The Krell Master Reference Amplifier is the ultimate SS power amp.With 1000W RMS into 8 ohms and a TITANIC 16 000W RMS into 0.5ohm! Yes not a typo!

Even my "small" in comparison FPB600 can deliver 600W RMS into 8 ohms and a solid 2400W into 2 ohms!Talk about power.

Oh yes subs huh...the Krell Master Reference Sub uses ONLY two 15 inch drivers with a Krell 2600W RMS power amp!Each driver has a peak to peak of 3 inches!And the drivers have over 80lbs magnetic structures!LOL

The Krell is the world's most powerful compact sub,bar none.And over 120dB @ 20Hz is simply HUGE for ONE sub unit!The HSU supersub system costs 80 grand,for this money you could get 3 Krell MRS's!This would get you about 130dB @ 20Hz in a typical room! 130dB @ 20Hz think about it! From "only" three subs!Freaking sub woofing!

TheEAR(s) Now theears