E-Bay Cornwall Help, Again?

Moit

Have them checked out, if possible. See if each driver works properly (just play the speakers and place your ear up to each one individually). Check the condition of the cabinets and the makeup of those (are they birch raw or veneered finish). Look for any signs of moisture damage. If the grill is removable, check the surrounds and cones on the woofers for damage. Get serial numbers - all the info from the back tags, if possible.

Then report back to us1.gif

BTW, where are you located?

Tom, Moit Sorry he sent it to me as an attachment, and I thought all I had to do was cut and paste..............can't get it to work..............techo dummy here...............

Moit, would it work if I was to forward the msg/attachment to you as an email.......????

Well, I saw this pic once.....then the red X again.

These look like early/mid eighties cabinets in birch raw. I've seen better, but would be a good refinish candidate, for sure.

Here's another auction in Boise, Idaho, that could be a VERY good deal. Poor pic, but the description looks very good, especially for one who could pick them up. Original boxes, too. I'm not so sure about the UPS shipping claim - UPS normally won't ship Cornwalls. Seller seems willing to ship them, though. This one ends tonight:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3021395675&category=14993

Poor "Cornwal" spelling should make this a deal, if the seller has a low reserve.

Bill H. -

I have not been able to see the pictures yet, I am also a techno newbie. I did send the seller a message asking for the serial numbers and an OK to have my friend inspect them. I am not in a huge hurry to get my hand on some cornwalls, but the right deal at the right time, then I'm in.

My second set-up (2-channel) is also running the HK-430 twin, I am looking to replace some KG4's with the cornwalls. FYI I will never part with the KG4's they are incedible for the price and size. Cornwalls would just be more amazing I'm sure.

Bill thank you for all your help so far.

dndphishin -

I live near Baltimore, although I call Chicago my second home. I lived in the Chicago land area for 20 plus years. I have an Altec Lansing friend in Naperville that can check these out for me. He has commented recently that my RF7's are best he has heard for the price, wait until he hears the Cornwalls.

Once I get the serial numbers I will post them. My job will be taking me to Chicago for 6 weeks in the near future, hopefull these will work out. I have a price in mind, I will wait for a response from the seller.

WOW! fast response from the seller

I attached his photo, I don't like all the plants ETC...., but that comes with the WAF factor, I assume.

Here are the serial numbers: 19T685 and 19T687

I don't know how to read these, but I see they are not consecutive. Not a big deal to me, just an obseravation.

The seller did extend an invitation to my friend, I am getting that set up now.

post-8142-13819247224172_thumb.jpg

Moit - Hope the price stays low for you. Definitely looks like a few nicks there. No pictures of speakers should ever be sent with plants on top!!! However, a good refinishing of these and they'll be beautiful. Could be a great deal. Best of luck with your bidding!

Bill,

If you're using outlook express or similar email program, right-click on the attachment and choose an option that lets you save it to your hard drive. Save it to a folder where you can find it again. Then, open up your browser, go to Klipsch, compose a new message or reply to one. when the box pops up you'll see an option to upload a picture or file, you have to do that first before typing up your reply or message. It will pop up a box showing you the stuff on your hard drive, navigate to the folder where your saved the pic and double-click on it. Then type in your msg and submit. Nuttin' to it after you do it a few hundred times.9.gif14.gif

Well - 1 hour left. They are up to $490.00 and my friend was not able to check them out for me. Given all the negatives I think these will not be joining me in Baltimore. The search continues.