POLL... Having problems with 4.1 or is everything OK?

mrpig

Since so many people seem to be having problems with their speakers, including myself, I thought it would be appropriate to conduct a non-scentific poll. So, if you have owned your 4.1 system for a while, post your experiences here .

Starting with my speakers:

I have owned them approximately 2 years and I am about to send the subwoofer back in for repairs to the rear channels for the second time.

In August of this year, I will offically own them for a year. So far no problems, very sturdy still, and sounds just as good if not even better than the day i got them(could be my imagination), If my 4.1s ever break down, i'll look forward to purchasing a 5.1 promedia set. For a kid with an age of 16, they are the pride of my room and I do use them everyday. Mendelssohn sounds oh so sweet on them.. 9.gif

I returned my first set to the store from which I bought them. My 2nd set is being fixed as we speak. I really think somebody dropped the ball on these speakers because there have been way to many problems. Also, the support sucks on these forums. Whoever is in charged should be fired. On the bright side, if your speakers are under the 1 year warranty, RMA is not a problem. I'm just praying that my fixed set of 4.1s work THE WAY THEY SHOULD DAMMNIT!!!!

I returned my first set for a buzzy amp, but now that I think about it, I think I contributed to the problem by having the wires bunched up in a big loop. The store didn't find a problem, but replaced them anyway. My second set actually had a defect, it made a loud pop when I turned them on. I got my current set in August 2002 and they are great.

I've had my 4.1's for a little over two years now with no problems. If I was going to buy a set of Klipsch computer speakers now for the first time, I think I'd be somewhat hesitant, after all the probs some others have had. Still, I've been very satisfied with mine.