Noel Passes

BBB

He was the Bass player for Jimi Hendrix. I read an interview a while back, I guess he sold his royalities in 1974 for $100,000. So anything after that he doesn't get paid, he is still bitter about that. Imagine how much money that cost him in CD royalities, etc.

Regards,

Greg

Yes and if he took his money and put it into walmart stock at that time. It would be worth 10 million or more too. The key to stories like this is what did he actually do with it?

In 1974...who would have EVER guessed it would be worth what it is...today or tomorrow. BTW no body stated what it would be worth today either. I would still take the walmart stock at 1974 prices..

----------------

On 5/14/2003 11:33:52 AM Gregorius wrote:

He was the Bass player for Jimi Hendrix. I read an interview a while back, I guess he sold his royalities in 1974 for $100,000. So anything after that he doesn't get paid, he is still bitter about that. Imagine how much money that cost him in CD royalities, etc.

Regards,

Greg

----------------

For Noel, Jimi, Janis, Ricky N., George H., John E., John B., etc. If wished, may they rest in peace. And may we have the pleasure of hearing them all together. In my life and journey, I thank them for all they have given to me, and still do.

dodger

I was lucky and old enough to hear artists like Redding, Hendrix, Joplin, Morrison and many others perform live. It has a tendency to make you listen to their recordings from a different perspective. I remember the sounds of their voices while having conversations with the audiences they were entertaining. It will always be a constant reminder that these musicians that have passed away and are still admired for their talent and contributions were real live human beings. Not just a bunch of recorded signals that were put on to plastic accompanied with various studio photos to create an image of something that may not have been representative of what they wanted to convey to their listeners. These people were innovators to the point that to this day they are still considered unequalled by many of their surviving peers within their realm of art.