WHAT WOULD YOU CHOOSE....????

----------------

On 6/5/2003 2:12:58 PM AuDiO-OuT wrote:

Did you know that you can get a card that will do all the work of (6) PCI Slots in a single PCI or AGP Slot!?

----------------

Actually, you're wrong again. There are no AGP combo cards. AGP is graphics ONLY (Accelerated Graphics Port). However, they do make PCI combo card. But guess what? They blow hard. You have multiple functions sharing the same data transfer bus and guess what happens if you're using more than one at a time? THE BUS CAN GET OVERLOADED. And that is the main reason a shuttle sucks. You get one PCI expansion slot. Right now, I have 5 of my 6 filled oh my tower. Hence, I would never be able to use a shuttle because it is just build too poorly and I hate to tell you but that kind of system will never catch on with the power users. Sorry. Now go back to your trailer.

Listen, I know I've added a few logs to the fire, but Audio-Out embodies everything people do that I completely despise. And that thing would be blurting out nonsense (OOOH! KEF KILLS KLIPSCH! LOOK AT ME, I WENT THROUGH A CATALOGUE!) and trying to act like they know everything about something they have no clue (saying that the PCI bus operates at 800MHz instead of the 33MHz or classifying a super computer as a Personal Computer). Hence, I think he should leave. This is the last I will be posting in this thread however. And as a closing note, audio-out, you deserved that comment.

Actually, I have heard the best floor standers that KEF carries at UE-- $4,000.00 a peice. It was nice even with the 12" Sunfire Woofer. But I still think that Klipsch sounds clearer as far as its full surround setups go.

Yes, we do all have nice rigs. I apologize for any negative comments. sometimes I get outta hand too. But my point was that Shuttles are far from obsolete- that is all. Go to www.gamepc.com the Shuttle is featured there...View the reviews on Shuttle if ya like. But to sum it up we all have NICE rigs, and I know that mine is not the best.

So lets leave it at that. plain and simple- OK.2.gif