WHAT WOULD YOU CHOOSE....????

Vintage Audio = beautiful sound...those where the days were netualness and warm harmonics were king. That is why I love my two 1973 Pioneer CS-R700 floorstanders so much. They are power, accurate, very musical..and they pump volume. Klipsch was well know for it's vintage speakers, and in that respect KEF has no chance.

Todays systems, well i'd have to get back to you on that..the RF7's are indeed very detailed sounding floorstanders with nice tight bass.

Hey Mentos? This might go over better in the Home Audio section. Oh and one more thing. When you're asking these questions comparing high end audio (I remember a similar thread by you regarding Klipsch vs. Martin Loagn) do you own any of these or have any expirience with them? Or are you just repeating something you read in a magazine? Audio is a very personal thing, and unless someone has had a unit in their home or at least had a good deal of exposure to a perticular piece, I'd really wouldn't take their opion for meaning much.

MY FRIEND....I HAVE HEARD THEM ALL!!!

SO, FAR THE KEF HOME AUDIO KICKS THE CRAP OUTTA THE KRELL, MATRIN LOGAN, AND KLIPSCH!!!

GIVEN I HAVE NOT HEARD THE KLIPSCH HERITAGE SYSTEMS....I THINK KEF ALL THE WAY.

YOU THINK I DO NOT KNOW WHAT I AM TALKING ABOUT BUT YOU ARE THE ONE WHO HAS NO IDEA....

AND I HAD A VERY AWEFUL EXPERIENCE WITH THE 5.1 PROMEDIA SYSTEM WHICH IS WHY I DO NOT UNDERSTAND WHY THEY ARE GETTING RID OF THE AWESOME 4.1s?????

I JUST WANTED TO KNOW WHAT OTHER PEOPLE THOUGHT. WELL, I KNOW NOW (WITHOUT A DOUBT) THAT KLIPSCH OWNS THE PC MARKET!!! THE KEFs ARE AWESOME FOR HOME AUDIO BUT KLIPSCH ARE IDEAL FOR THE PC. SO I WILL BE STICKING WITH KLIPSCH. I WAS TALKING TO SOME OTHER PEOPLE WHO MUCH MORE VERSED IN HOME AUDIO...

YOU LEARN SOMETHING NEW EVERYDAY...

AND STOP WITH YOUR SMART-A** REMARKS IT IS REALLY GETTING OLD MR. "I THINK I KNOW EVERYTHING"..........WHICH YOU MOST DEFINATELY DO NOT. YOU KNOW YOU ARE REALLY ACTING VERY IMMATURE. WHO BEGAN DISSING WHO??? CERTAINLY, NOT I.

I GUESS YOU MISSED THE PRIVATE MESSAGE I SENT YOU...OR IGNORED COMPLETELY. TOO BAD. GROW UP WILL YA!?2.gif

Tell you what, I looked into the shuttle a little more and I just wondering, am I missing something here? You speak of it like it's some kind of computing revolution, but all it looks like to me is a micro tower. Unless space is a huge issue for you I can't see what possible advantage it could have. Very little upgrade potential, small power supply and I can forsee huge heat problems.

Methos, I quickly tire of your posts. FULL OF CAPS, over flowing with complaints or attacks. You post as if you have limitless monetary resources, yet you will settle for KEF? It would take a Krell to power a KEF (exageration) as they are not nearly as sensitive as Klipsch speakers, and don't get as loud. This is not an attack so no rebuttle is needed.

----------------

On 5/20/2003 5:58:10 PM justin_tx_16 wrote:

Methos, I quickly tire of your posts. FULL OF CAPS, over flowing with complaints or attacks. You post as if you have limitless monetary resources, yet you will settle for KEF? It would take a Krell to power a KEF (exageration) as they are not nearly as sensitive as Klipsch speakers, and don't get as loud. This is not an attack so no rebuttle is needed.

----------------

Nicely put.

Actually,

there are NO heat problems...ZERO!

Because of the ICE Heatpipe I run cool at 85 degrees or less (and I haven't even put an extra fan in yet).....that is why I said you have to invest into a Shuttle to know what I am talking about.

**** Luck.2.gif

You still have yet to give a single reason for why anyone would want one? What is it's advantage? Yes it's smaller, but space is not an issue for most people for a desktop. This is just getting stupid and not going anywhere. I'm done.

3.gif

Shuttle...lets see here

My big rig eats any Shuttle in performance here is why:

Antec 550W TruePower PSU(BETTER MORE STABLE POWER SUPPLY)

LianLi PC70 w/six Sunon 40CFM fans plus two custom 92mm holes with 50CFM Sunon fans(BETTER COOLING)

Swiftech MCX2000/Delta 68CFM fan(BETTER CPU COOLING)

Asus P4G8X Deluxe(most stable motherboard around)

Corsair 512MB PC3500 433MHZ DDR CAS 2 x four(YES 2GB MEMORY)

Intel P4 2.4@3.15GHz effective 700FSB(when pushed I can run this CPU at 3.6GHz,800FSB for benchmarking)

ATI RAdeon 9800PRO(soon to be replaced by the FX2 5900ULTRA 256MB)

Western Digital RAPTOR 36GB two times in RAID(on board SiliconImage controller)boot drive

Adaptec 39160 Dual Channel SCSI controller

Fujitsu MAS 15000RPM 74GB SCSI drive games(my "old" Cheetah 15K was a bit too slow for my taste LOL)

Now your little Shuttle can only dream about even coming close to my level of performance. 1.gif

can your Shuttle top 200003DMarks in 3D MARK 2001? My can Is your hard drive transfer rate at least 64MB/second(inside tracks),me yes. If I wanted I could just get another two Raptors and peak the IDE bus with the Promise TX4 150.

The WD Raptor rules the IDE/SATA landscape,anything else is just ...slower,and the Fujitsu MAS 15000RPM lays a beating on ANY wannabe contender for the world's fastest hard drive.One MAS eats the IDE RAID setups and spits out bearings.

The little Shuttle is a great micro PC(I did build a few 2700-3000XP/ATI RADEON 9700PRO/GB Corsair 3200/Western 200GB JB) but it cannot beat or even equal a tweaked full blown bad *** PC.

Methane,

"SO, FAR THE KEF HOME AUDIO KICKS THE CRAP OUTTA THE KRELL, MATRIN LOGAN, AND KLIPSCH!!!"

Listen junior KEF nothing special.Take an Avalon Eidolon Diamond or Dynaudio Evidence Temptation and compare these to your little beloved KEF speakers.

As for kicking crap out of Krell?! Are you on steroids or heavy medication junior?

Krell is the reference in very high power solid state amps,I have a Krell FPB600(Full Power Balanced)and this amp bests ANYTING you may have at home or in your wildest dream. Junior

I know High-End,you little kid have much to learn.With your punkish attitude you will not get too far(like your double Beefshouldbefree).

----------------

On 5/30/2003 10:39:17 PM TheEAR wrote:

3.gif

Shuttle...lets see here

My big rig eats any Shuttle in performance here is why:

Antec 550W TruePower PSU(BETTER MORE STABLE POWER SUPPLY)

LianLi PC70 w/six Sunon 40CFM fans plus two custom 92mm holes with 50CFM Sunon fans(BETTER COOLING)

Swiftech MCX2000/Delta 68CFM fan(BETTER CPU COOLING)

Asus P4G8X Deluxe(most stable motherboard around)

Corsair 512MB PC3500 433MHZ DDR CAS 2 x four(YES 2GB MEMORY)

Intel P4 2.4@3.15GHz effective 700FSB(when pushed I can run this CPU at 3.6GHz,800FSB for benchmarking)

ATI RAdeon 9800PRO(soon to be replaced by the FX2 5900ULTRA 256MB)

Western Digital RAPTOR 36GB two times in RAID(on board SiliconImage controller)boot drive

Adaptec 39160 Dual Channel SCSI controller

Fujitsu MAS 15000RPM 74GB SCSI drive games(my "old" Cheetah 15K was a bit too slow for my taste LOL)

Now your little Shuttle can only dream about even coming close to my level of performance.
1.gif

can your Shuttle top 200003DMarks in 3D MARK 2001? My can Is your hard drive transfer rate at least 64MB/second(inside tracks),me yes. If I wanted I could just get another two Raptors and peak the IDE bus with the Promise TX4 150.

The WD Raptor rules the IDE/SATA landscape,anything else is just ...slower,and the Fujitsu MAS 15000RPM lays a beating on ANY wannabe contender for the world's fastest hard drive.One MAS eats the IDE RAID setups and spits out bearings.

The little Shuttle is a great micro PC(I did build a few 2700-3000XP/ATI RADEON 9700PRO/GB Corsair 3200/Western 200GB JB) but it cannot beat or even equal a tweaked full blown bad *** PC.

----------------

Your big rig also takes a giant bite out of anyone's wallet.

HELLO....

This post is long over due----I am done with it OK!

BTW- Nice rig. But the newer ICE CUBE SFF kicks its *** and so do the newer Shuttles that will be comming to the market very shortly. LOOK at the front BUS specs on the Shuttle. But for the moment, EAR, your rig is very nice indeed, but not worth my time. Did you know that you can get a card that will do all the work of (6) PCI Slots in a single PCI or AGP Slot!?

Another thing. That Sony TFT SUCKS! I prefer NEC, VeiwSonic, or Sharp TFTs---- they are much better! Go to Frys Electroics and have a look for yourself. And Sony TVs for that matter are not anything special either-- Sharp or Toshiba is the better brand. FOR TVs, TFTs, and the like Sony is NOT the better choice. Your just buying the label, kinda like the pathetic BOSE! BUT I am, however, a definite PS2 FAN-- in that area they are KING!

HAVE A NICE DAY

1.gif

WELL...here is my new views on Home Theater.

NO KEF

NO Martin Logan

NO Infinity

NO Definitive

Still researching the others--- Have yet to hear them and decide on my personal preference. Of course, the Klipsch HTs kick ***!.

Avalon!? that is something NEW- is that a KEF system?. I will have to research that--- after all that is how one learns. I am sure Sounds Like Music or Showcase will have them.

2.gif