Pictures of my new home theater

Cool TV! You might want to try pulling those speakers out a bit so the fronts extend beyond the walls on each side. You might get some early reflections off those walls on to the sides of the speakers as they are positioned now, which might color your sound.

Or, you might not... :)

DD

Very nice man. Ive got RF-5s too. Great Speakers. If it is at all possible it would be a vast improvment to move your rf-5s out from their snugg surroundings. Thats really gonna criple them. If you could get am out and farter apart and maybe toed in, i promise you will notice a difference. Good Luck.

The synergy in walls were in the home before I moved in so I'm using them as my surround and rears. I noticed they don't sound too good with my RF-5's mainly because I don't even think I hear anything from them. But it just seems a waste not to use them since their pre-wired and ready to be used.

Thanks for advice about moving them out a little. I moved them so that the walls no longer reflect the sound. Sounds better but I was a little disappointed the speaker crackled a little when I cranked it to about 11 or 12 db on my receiver. I wonder if any other RF-5 owners have the same problem?

I just got my SVS sub wired into the setup and it sound much better.

did it "crackle" while u turned the dial up? because it's prob a lil dust or something in your reciever (on the inside parts of your volume knob). the RF-5's should be able to handle plenty of volume without strain (it's klipsch's trademark) 2.gif

Just out of curiosity, have you swapped your left and right speaker wire? If you do and you still hear the crackle in the same speaker, it's most likely not the harman. But damn boy... -11? That is loud!

• 2 weeks later...

Nice setup. Moving the speakers forward should indeed improve things.

It depends off course but -11 db would be indeed very loud.

My receiver is calibrated at -10db for THX reference sound pressure.

That is 75db on the pink noise for all channels!!

So is it not possible the speaker is moving something nearby hanging lose??

Try what m00n suggested.