m00n

MAXIMUM ACOUSTIC OUTPUT: 110dB SPL 1/8 space, 1 meter

ENCLOSURE TYPE: Bass reflex via rear-mounted port

TYPE: 10" Bass reflex, tuned port enclsosure

AMPLIFIER: Class A/B discrete MOSFET outputs

AMPLIFIER POWER: FTC Rated Power: 55 watts continuous,

22-125Hz @ = 1% THD

Dynamic Power*: 225 watts @ = 1% THD

*Dynamic power indicates the actual power this amplifier will deliver to the woofer under normal operating conditions. While the FTC power rating indicates power available on a continuous, long-term basis, subwoofers do not rely on that type of power. Instead, the amplifier is called upon to deliver large, short-term peaks of power to be able to support the wide dynamics required by today's digital music and movie formats. In addition to the required FTC power rating, we've provided the dynamic power rating as a better indication of the product's true performance.

AUTO POWER ON: 2 Second ON delay, 15 minute OFF delay

LOW PASS CROSSOVER: Continuously variable from 40-120Hz, 24dB/octave slope above 120Hz

INPUTS: 2) Line level/LFE RCA phono jacks and 2) High level speaker terminals

PHASE: Switchable 0 or 180 degrees

DRIVE COMPONENTS: Subwoofer system using one 10" (25.4cm) down-firing, fiber-composite cone woofer

WOOFER: K-1070-K 10" (25.4cm) Fiber-composite cone

DIMENSIONS (H x W x D): 15.5" (39.37cm) x 13.5" (34.3cm) x 13.5" (34.3cm)

WEIGHT: 29 lbs. (13.18kg)

ENCLOSURE MATERIAL: Medium density fiberboard construction (MDF)

FINISHES: Matte-finish Black vinyl

VOLTAGE: 110/120 VAC/60Hz

EXPORT VOLTAGE: 230 VAC 50/60Hz

YEARS BUILT: 1998 -

Quintet Center

FREQUENCY RESPONSE: 120Hz-20kHz±3dB

SENSITIVITY: 90dB @ 1watt/1meter

POWER HANDLING: 100 watts maximum continuous (200 watts peak)

NOMINAL IMPEDANCE: 8 ohms

ENCLOSURE TYPE: Bass reflex via dual rear-mounted ports

DRIVE COMPONENTS: Two-way system using one .75" (1.91cm) magnetically shielded, polymer dome compression driver tweeter with a 90°x40° Tractrix® Horn and two 3.5" (8.9cm) magnetically shielded, poly cone woofers

TWEETER: K-104-KV 0.75" (1.91cm) Polymer dome compression driver

HIGH FREQUENCY HORN: 90°x40° Tractrix® Horn

HIGH FREQUENCY CROSSOVER: 4900Hz

WOOFER: Two K-1068-KV 3.5" (8.9cm) Poly cones

DIMENSIONS (H x W x D): 4.375" (11.11cm) x 12.125" (30.8cm) x 5.75" (14.61cm)

WEIGHT: 6 lbs. (2.7kg)

ENCLOSURE MATERIAL: Stone Mineral Compound

FINISHES: Black, White, Silver

Quintet Satellite

FREQUENCY RESPONSE: 100Hz-20kHz±3dB

SENSITIVITY: 90dB @ 1watt/1meter

POWER HANDLING: 100 watts maximum continuous (200 watts peak)

NOMINAL IMPEDANCE: 8 ohms

ENCLOSURE TYPE: Bass reflex via rear-mounted port

DRIVE COMPONENTS: Two-way system using one .75" (1.91cm) magnetically shielded, polymer dome compression driver tweeter with a 90°x40° Tractrix® Horn and one 3.5" (8.9cm) magnetically shielded, poly cone woofer

TWEETER: K-104-KV 0.75" (1.91cm) Polymer dome compression driver

HIGH FREQUENCY HORN: 90°x40° Tractrix® Horn

HIGH FREQUENCY CROSSOVER: 4900Hz

WOOFER: K-1068-KV 3.5" (8.9cm) Poly cone

DIMENSIONS (H x W x D): 7.5" (19.05cm) x 4.25" (10.8cm) x 6.375" (16.19cm)

WEIGHT: 4 lbs. (1.8kg)

ENCLOSURE MATERIAL: Stone Mineral Compound

FINISHES: Black, White, Silver

PROMEDIA > PROMEDIA 2.1

FREQUENCY RESPONSE: 31Hz - 20kHz

MAXIMUM ACOUSTIC OUTPUT: 106dB SPL

ENCLOSURE TYPE: Satellitessealed, Subwooferbass reflex

AMPLIFIER: Digital/Linear A/B amplifier; discrete MOSFET output power section

AMPLIFIER POWER: FTC Rated Per Satellite: 55 watts/channel @ = 1% THD, 200Hz - 1KHz (Note: all channels driven)

FTC Rated Subwoofer: 50 watts @ = 7% THD, 40 - 100 Hz

Max Burst Power*: 200 watts @ = 1% THD (Note: all channels driven)

*Maximium Burst Power indicates the actual power this amplifier will deliver to the speakers under normal operating conditions. While the FTC power rating indicates power available on a continuous, long-term basis, multi-channel systems do not rely on that type of power. Instead, the amplifier is called upon to deliver large, short-term bursts of power to be able to support todays digital music, games and movie formats. In addition to the required FTC power rating, we have provided the maximum burst output as a better indication of the products true performance.

INPUTS: MP3 two-channel soundcard miniplug

OUTPUTS: Headphone

DRIVE COMPONENTS: Satellite: Two-way system using 0.75" (1.9cm) polymer dome tweeter with a MicroTractrix® Horn and one 3" long-throw midBass driver. Subwoofer: Side-firing 6.5" (16.51cm) long-throw driver

TWEETER: 0.75" Poly compression driver

HIGH FREQUENCY HORN: 90° x 40° MicroTractrix® Horn

HIGH FREQUENCY CROSSOVER: 5kHz

WOOFER: 3" Fiber-composite cone

SUBWOOFER: One 6.5" (16.51cm) fiber composite cone

DIMENSIONS (H x W x D): Satellite: 8.5" (21.59cm) x 4.2" (10.67cm) x 5.67" (14.4cm) Subwoofer: 9.5" (24.13cm) x 9.8" (24.9cm) x 10.2" (25.9cm)

WEIGHT: Satellite: 2.1 lbs. (0.95kg) Subwoofer: 16 lbs. (7.26kg)

ENCLOSURE MATERIAL: Satellites: ABS Subwoofer: Medium density fiberboard construction (MDF)

FINISHES: Black

ACCESSORIES: RB-1 Stand, WB-1 Bracket (each sold separately)

VOLTAGE: 110/120 VAC

EXPORT VOLTAGE: 230 VAC

YEARS BUILT: 2000 -

Synergy SeriesReference SeriesHeritageContractor SeriesClassicPresentation ProductsInstalled ProductsPortable ProductsStage MonitorsAll Weather ProductsCinema/TheatreProMedia SystemsAccessoriesProcessorsPreamplifiersAmplifiersAccessories

There is a lot different between the two. The ProMedia is a 4ohm speaker and has a cutoff of 150Hz so midrange can be kind of dry with some singers, though more rare after the improvements from the v2.400. Some people switch out the ProMedia satellites with Quintet satellites which are built better, stronger and sound better. Though the speakers don't get as loud as they require a little more power.

How do they sound better when hooked up to a receiver rather than a sound card? I don't mean to sound like a snob or anything, but I look at them and I have a hard time takign them serious. They look like PC speakers. I am worried that they would *SOUND LIKE* PC speakers.

A buddy is on a tight budget but wants an entire system. Got in touch with Griff and he suggested a package deal. The price works for his budget but I see those quintets and I just see PC speakers with a center channel.

I patch my soundcard straight to a receiver when I'm listening in the room. I can't stand the sound of computer speakers. Monster I-400 mini-to-RCA, coupled to a second pair of I-400 2m RCA cables and on into the front jacks on my Onkyo. Sounds a hella lot better on my S38's than any computer speaker I've ever listened to - Klipsch, B.A., whatever.

I can't wait until I finally make the jump to a DD receiver - then it'll be a 4m digital coax straight to the receiver - no more CPU interference noise adding jitter to the D/A conversions.

m00n,

I started with Quintets- due to budget! At first they sounded great-but (don't laugh)-after I moved up to the SB3's -difference was night and day. Tell you friend to save up- and don't buy the Quintets- good speaker for small areas, but he won't like them after awhile, and he will not be able to sell them - ebay is Flooded with them!!!! With the change of Reference series-prices appear to be lower on some ref's than buying the Synergy series...........jmho...

Griff- I also am doing the same w/ cord from my computer speaker output-running to my receiver-makes a hell of a difference. I listen to Internet radio Beethoven.com and love it. What brand /type size receiver are you looking to buy in the future? This idea intriquies me also...... (DD ?????).

Quintets are 8 ohm, not 4. Unlike the PMs, they don't have a paper woofer. They really aren't bad speakers, just remember they need to be paired w/ a ksw10, as that's the only sub klipsch makes that will go high enough to account for their high cut off point. They are only about 90 db 1watt/1 meter efficient, so they really don't get that loud. Other than that they are a nice set. Definately beats an acustimass system.

The quintets are probably the best speakers for it's size. If you ever open one up, you'll find high quality parts inside. Large drivers, real crossovers (not just a high pass capacitor for tweeter). btw, if you do open it up, spread the polyfill out. That mod seems to reduce the boxy sound.