One hour tonight - Klipsch RF-7 vs Paradigm Studio 100

Vital

I went in to see my local dealer tonight to check out his price on a center channel and spent an hour comparing the studio 100s to the RF-7s. The Studio 100s sound good on the Denon he was running but again, after listening for almost an hour to a cd I burned for this reason alone, the RF-7 was the winner hands down.

I am not sure if it was his setup or not but the Paradigm sounded like it had more bass than the RF-7s. Hard to imagine though when the RF-7s have a pair of 10s vs the 8s on the Paradigm. If anyone has more info no this please share. My RF-7s here at home seem to thump pretty well using my HK.

Anyway my girl and I spent awhile there tonight and the Klipsch just out shines the Paradigm in every setting as far as I am concerned. I also knocked on both speakers to see what Foodshouldbefree was talking about and I am sorry but I see no difference at all. Both speakers are solid and well built. Don't get me wrong, I liked the sound of the Paradigm it just wasn't "special" I guess you could say.

The cd I burned to audition the speakers with had the following tracks:

1. Driven Under - Seether

2. Fine Again - Seether

3. Like a Stone - Audioslave

4. Lost Cause - Beck

5. Brothers in Arms - Dire Straights

6. A Thousand Miles - Vanessa Carlton

7. Obsession - Sarah Mclaughlin (acoustic)

8. Foolish Games - Jewel

9. My Heart Will Go on - Celine Dion

10. Family Portrait - Pink

11. The Dragon's Breath - David Arkenstone

12. Get Your Freak On - Missy Elliot

13. Dark Side of the moon - Pink Floyd

I had a wide range of music and sound. I think in order to find a speaker that can play the music I like with the same clarity as the Klipsch, you will need to spend double the money. There is nothing in their price range that can compete that I have heard.

----------------

On 5/23/2003 1:18:45 AM Vital wrote:

9. My Heart Will Go on - Celine Dion

11. The Dragon's Breath - David Arkenstone

----------------

Celine Dion? Hmmmm... Ok ok, I won't say anything. 2.gif

David Arkenstone... Now that is some good music. What CD is this song on? I have several of his CDs but don't think I have the CD this is on. I had a very good listen to him the other night. Sounded incredible.

----------------

On 5/23/2003 1:54:42 AM Bill H. wrote:

m00n-

bet the Celion music was for the g/f................

So after taking up all that time, did you Buy the center channel?

----------------

Yeah? Hey to each his own. I know I like some stuff that others would think is odd for someone like me to like also. 4.gif

BTW, Vital... nice avitar, whatta hoot. 9.gif

I am sooo blessed right now....I can walk for one room to the next and hear Chorus II's and Paradigm 100's...in my own home!! it's just plain fun!! Maybe the virginia group can head to the tidewater area and we'll play with them both!! in a nut shell i think anytime you pit two brands (as long as there's no junk brands) you'll find something to enjoy in each of them...but in the end it's the "whole" of the sound that will take you one way or the other favoring one speaker to the next...we really get sucked into all kinds of bad buying/listening habits driven by sales persons, the media, peers, beer...ah......2.gif but i'd say most brick and morta brands have something for everyones price range. I won't spend anytime defending my 100's because I'm tickled pink with them (just wish I got them at a yard sale!!)....lol but I will say that each person should shop, listen and learn what THEY enjoy in a speaker and then do just that...enjoy!!

Peace, Pogue

Congratulations on the wise choice

Parabose Studio series do not belong in the same league as quality Klipsch speakers.

Parabose use the same sales tactics as Deaf Techless and B0$e,massive add campains to brainwash the sea of uninformed buyers.

Again congratulations

I wanted a few good female vocalists for the clarity. That Celine Dion song is crystal clear. It's not something I sit around and listen to really. As for the David Arkenstone, not sure what cd it comes on. I have about 6 of his songs I think. I get all of my music from Kazaa. I have over 2000 MP3s and my music selection ranges from one extreme to the other and everything in between.

As for the center channel, he didn't have it in stock. I can get it online for a lot less money and it will take him 7 days to get it in. Still trying to figure out what route I want to take.

----------------

On 5/23/2003 7:23:17 AM justin_tx_16 wrote:

Hey now, let's not judge by musical tastes! I do remember a "Guilty Pleasure" thread...
3.gif
I am 18 and all about Sarah Brightman. Does that make sense? Not really
1.gif

----------------

Yeah but Celine D? *SHUDDER* 2.gif

----------------

On 5/23/2003 1:18:45 AM Vital wrote:

I went in to see my local dealer tonight to check out his price on a center channel and spent an hour comparing the studio 100s to the RF-7s. The Studio 100s sound good on the Denon he was running but again, after listening for almost an hour to a cd I burned for this reason alone, the RF-7 was the winner hands down.

----------------

You did well my brother. You are truly strong in your Faith 12.gif May the Great One PWK smile down on you. You are truly worthy of the Almighty Klipsch 12.gif

For we must continue to Defend the Faith - 9.gif

----------------

On 5/23/2003 11:49:43 AM TheEAR wrote:

Congratulations on the wise choice

Parabose Studio series do not belong in the same league as quality Klipsch speakers.

Parabose use the same sales tactics as Deaf Techless and B0$e,massive add campains to brainwash the sea of uninformed buyers.

Again congratulations

----------------

And so why is ok for you to blantantly bash other companies (ie: Parabose) while if anyone calls Klipsch "crap Klipsch" you freak out...