"The Beauty" Scott 299a, Horns & SET reviewer's system

Here is a staff member of tnt-audio.com and his "BEAUTY" system. It seems to match what many like on this board (except the horn brand isn't Klipsch).

http://www.tnt-audio.com/edit/scott_e.html

It would be very iteresting to hear about his "tweaked to the max" mods to the SCott 299a...especially a dialog between him and Craig.

FYI: Scott is where I got the recommendation to explore Maple Tree and Korato products.

KJ-

Thanks for posting the link. It's been a while since I had visited the TNT site, so that was a nice re-introduction. Yes, I would also love to hear about the 299A and what he did to it. To see a vintage piece of equipment like the 299 in a "published" system says a great deal about the original unit, even if it has been "tweaked to the max."

As they say, "Inquiring minds want to know..." Craig, care to enlighten us?

The cabinets are nice !! I kick myself in the Butt for selling mine to Dean just to have him sell it like the rest of his gear !! I had a perfect one !

The amps do run Hot. But the thing you have to figure is they have run in those cases and worse for all these years without harming anything !

Craig

That site on the triode Mod is loony !! If you carefully read the guys procedure he started with a flawed amp that was running out of spec and started hacking on it and taking distortion readings and looking it over with his scope. So I find his conclusions silly ! He should of first rebuilt the amp to perfect stock and then started doing his thing. They always sound horrible with 40 year old caps and improper voltages throughout the amp !!

None of the Scott integrated amps have enough headroom to drop them back into Triode without loosing major Dynamics ! Been there done that. Heck I even tried Triode Class A at a whopping 5 watts max output !

Craig