Lets see some 4.1 setups!!!

• 2 weeks later...

This is my homemade modded PC. I dremeled out the window myself - took 5 hours!! Wires have been loomed and only the best case fans will do - 5 Thermaltake SmartCase IIs. Hope you guys liked my setup... sorry - I dont know how to post all my pics at one time.

Lets see some other 4.1 setups!

post-11745-13819247506454_thumb.jpg

GET THAT SUB OUT FROM UNDER YOUR DESK!!! How can you even hear it down there? I could barely hear how low my sub really hits when it was under my desk. Put in in the forward left/righ corner of your room and be AMAZED. BTW, what other sub is that? An infinity, it looks to be. Jeez, how much bass do you need? I find myself cringing right around when my sub is 1/3 or above.

edit: BTW, you can see my setup here (hosting is down on and off):

http://forums.klipsch.com/idealbb/view.asp?topicID=35250&sessionID={3A6E688E-D487-45FC-8120-F7D6E426C85F}

umm, md - there's no need to corner load this sub. it puts out so much bass that i cant hear (or feel) my 4.1 sub anymore =). i could corner load it, after all, i gave u the idea of corner loading your sub by your bookcase, but there's no need to.

bass? i could use another one of these infinity subs! why? because more is always better.

I'm a bass hound as well, but the PM4.1 sub is plenty! When you have it corner loaded, it's so loud that it actually hurts to turn it up a lot. Anything past 1/3 is just too loud for me...gosh, don't want to hurt my ears...

Lol, you call yourself a "bass hound" and you cringe when you turn the dial past 1/3rd...that's pretty weak. That's like my mom's listening level. IMO you can never have too much bass, but then again I'm a teenage boy =)

I'm going to try and get out today to get the sub that pinipig has, he's convinced me! It just has to meet the PAF (Parental Approval Factor).

Don't forget how crazy small my room is. I don't lose much sound, and all of my speakers are positioned so that my chair is EXACTLY the sweet spot in the room. The new sub position also makes my chai the sweet spot and altogether, it's awesome the sound I get out of this system. I don't know why my sub is so loud, I suspect it's because I've positioned it correctly whereas in the old place under the desk I had to keep it up near 2/3. I'm just amaxed overall at how unbelievably BALANCED this system is. It lives up to what I've heard about it being a very "live" system.

Looks nice. My roommate had a 15" cerwin sub in a bandpass box sitting in his room, so I "borrowed" it and hooked it up to an onkyo power amp I had sitting around. Hehehe. I could only play it about 30 seconds before I had people knocking down my door. I guess it was vibrating **** in the kitchen. Oh well. It sounded like crap anyway, way too muddy, but it was decently loud.

5liter,

i just use a y-connector to connect the sub to one of front speakers output of my audigy2 - thats all! try it!

the infinity is an ht sub - and a great one at that... i feel that its tight and very musical - unlike the ksw subs i tried out with my pc rig. i think its the fact that it's front firing and not down firing - and the fact that infinity uses a different woofer material which is less prone to distortion and unnecessary muddy bass. it sounds REAL good and is almost bottomless (unless ur theear).

n2v,

congrats on the new infinity sub!! ur gonna love it!

md,

ur no bass hound - u definitely like bass but judging from what u say about the stock 4.1 sub - u haven't really heard what true bass sounds (and feels) like. anyway, ur a bass enthusiast - i (along with n2v and others, like jzoz and 5liter) are bass hounds and u have theear who is just bass fanatic. dont worry md, when i was 15 i had a pair of 2.0 altecs... and i thought those sounded good... so ur way ahead of the pack! by the time ur my age (21), u'll have such an ear for sound - ur probably gonna have a whole ht system hooked up to your pc!

9.gif

I just got my sub connected to the .1 channel on my Live! Platinum... the problem though is when I enable the option for Surround Sound Decoding (the only way my HT sub will recognize the channel) my rear left and right channel get all echo and with reverb. You can't really hear it unless you are playing with some very vocal music. It's just pissing me off. I like to use the .1 jack because of the bass redirection and crossover on my PC.

My sub box is too small... I should be using an 8CF box tuned to 18Hz to get like 120+db at that frequency. Instead I am losing like 11db at that freq with my alignment. For a 15" woofer the thing packs a punch and it actually sounds tighter than most 12" woofers I have heard. My next addition will be some Adire H281 monitors. :)

5liter,

yeah i read the posts regarding ur sub's unusually small cabinet and u shouldve built it to a much larger cabinet... anyway - im sure ur 15" tempest outdoes my sub in depth and probably loudness (if u had a bigger cabinet)... but u need to hook it up to your pc right... get justin - he had the gtxp.

ps

love ur sub tho... u got to help me build one next summer!