Chorus II compatible with ??? for surround sound?

roozy

I have a set of Chorus II's that I purchased in 1992.... (excellent speakers by the way)... Anyhow, I matched them against a set of Paradigm Titan bookshelf speakers that I had... not a good match for surround sound (Paradigm's too power hungry and Chorus II's too efficient) but OK for A/B channel music.

Anyone have any suggestions on a set of bookshelf Klipsch speakers that would be compatible with the Chorus II's for surround sound???

I would love to purchase Klipsch's surround sound package, but now that I'm married with 2 children, it's not in the budget.

Thanks for any assistance.

roozy-

Great speakers! I have a pair of the Forte II and I just love mine. I have two pair of the KG 1.2 as surround speakers (for THX-EX) and they do quite well. Granted, some may say that to have true HT, you need the same speakers all around, but, like you, I don't have the money, or the room for another set of big speakers.

I don't know how the current models will match up with your Chorus. If you check under the Home Audio section, you can see what Klipsch recommends in current models. If you like the older line, check eBay as they have good prices on speakers that are no longer being manufactured. Good luck!

I have Quartets for fronts, with KG .5's for rears and it seems to work very well. For you Chorus II's......an Academy center would be best with the KLF-C7 being second choice, and for rears you could use KG .5's, 1's, 1.2's, or 1.5's if space is of a premium as it is for most of us.

------------------

Home Theater System:

Klipsch Quartets - mains for both systems

Klipsch KV3 - center

Klipsch KG.5's - rear surrounds

Klipsch KSW12 subwoofer

Denon AVR-1601

Music System:

Adcom GFA-555 Musical Concepts Modified

NAD 1600 Pre/Tuner

Sony C-67ES CD Player

I've got Chorus II's up front...and am running some Ratshack's Optimus Linaeum's for rears, with a cheap sub. They actually sound pretty good...but I've got some Forte II's I'd like to run for rears. No such thing as too much of a good thing, ya know!!

Bev

------------------

Love & kisses on your Klipsch's!!!

• 2 weeks later...

Gotta a pair of Chorus IIs myself... and love 'em!

I've got them matched up to an Academy center, KG3.2s for surrounds and a SW-12II sub. An Acurus 200x3 drives L-C-R and an A150 drives the surrounds. Gotta love power! Combined with high sensitivity and you can crack walls ;->

roozy, I also got my Chorus IIs in 1992 and they still the main speakers in my system. Just to find out, I moved my KSB 3.1s to the rear (they are the front effects) on top of my KLF 20s. Of course they do not macht perfect whith the Chorus but, they sound very good. I got the C7 as center and it is amazing. Any mid size Klipsch book shelf will do, good luck.

------------------

Cruzer