Superbit

m00n

Moon-

I had duplicate Superbit & Nonsuperbit but I gave all my nonsuperbit my brother when he FINALLY got his first DVD player. Very sad when the older brother didn't have a DVD player and he is an electrical engineer, almost have to disown him, hehehe.

-Dave

----------------

On 6/6/2003 11:49:41 PM Philooh wrote:

Fellas the Terminator 2 is out on the market and it lacks the DTS tracks on it just DD.ES the picture quality is clearer but my other disk has more to offer and they only give you one version of the movie for your dvd players the special edition the original is in high def but you need to watch it on your computer first you need to download Media Player 9, get permission from microsoft with a security key of some sort your computer must have xp professional, media player extras, 3.0 ghz or better 128 mb video, and 252 mb ram(a super computer) so you've wasted your money if you got rid of the last Terminator 2 by the way I got mine at Walmart for $14.20 when bestbuy and circuit city wanted 19.99 by the way if you got company coming over Die Another Day is the one to impress them with the sound on a scale of 1-10 "15"

----------------

Of course you got it for $14.20. Wal-Mart gets editions of these releases that no one else gets - and the reason they're cheaper is because they don't add the extras (DTS)

The special edition they give you on that disc is not a true HD - it's a compressed version.

All this talk about HD DVD - something you guys aren't getting - the BlueLaser format DVD is not going to be playable on your existing DVD player. For added fun, if the DVD consortium (minus Toshiba and NEC, who are opposed to this) gets their way, none of your old DVD's will work in the new HD DVD players, either.

Get ready for some serious sticker shock, gentlemen.

If the new blue-laser DVD players are not backwards compatible, expect a whole lot of very pissed off people. The new players should also have an extra red laser or something to read older DVDs. If DVD players can also read various DVD and CD types,...

----------------

On 6/9/2003 11:47:38 PM Marshal wrote:

If the new blue-laser DVD players are not backwards compatible, expect a whole lot of very pissed off people. The new players should also have an extra red laser or something to read older DVDs. If DVD players can also read various DVD and CD types,...

----------------

Its a different world these days. It used to be Give the consumers a product they want and you will make money. Now its Why give the consumers a product they want if you can make more money by selling them 20 products they dont want along with a false promise with each one that says This is just what you want! Yup. That ought to hold them until next years model is announced 3 months after we start selling this years model. Its the same old story. They can build a car that will last a lifetime but wheres the money in it? The technology is there for both cars and electronics but we wont be able to purchase it until it is the most opportune time for the manufacturer not the consumer. Perhaps Im wrong and I come from the Preston Tucker School of dreaming.