these Heresy stands - Klipsch factory, aftermarket, anyone know?

daninkc

Hi All,

Can anyone tell me whether the Heresy 1 stand pictured here on a Heresy is from Klipsch, is an aftermarket kit, were sold with Heresies, etc? I'm familiar with the "removable tilted" stands, but not these, which are screwed on. I assumed they were aftermarket, but saw the same stands on another pair of Heresys on eBay here:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3027470511

In case the picture doesn't upload right, here's a link to the picture I attached:

http://kcaroc.pcbs.net/stand.jpg

TIA for any information!

post-12369-13819247611532_thumb.jpg

To my knowledge there were indeed two types of risers for the Heresy/Heresy II's. The SRB (Slanted Riser Base) and the standard base which was about an inch tall, both were secured with screws to the speaker. The one pictured appears to be factory but it looks like they have added some additional screws and some duct tape to hold it in place.

• 2 weeks later...

----------------

On 6/4/2003 12:27:20 PM daninkc wrote:

Hi All,

Can anyone tell me whether the Heresy 1 stand pictured here on a Heresy is from Klipsch, is an aftermarket kit, were sold with Heresies, etc? I'm familiar with the "removable tilted" stands, but not these, which are screwed on. I assumed they were aftermarket, but saw the same stands on another pair of Heresys on eBay here:

In case the picture doesn't upload right, here's a link to the picture I attached:

TIA for any information!

----------------

YES!!! They are Klipsch original stands, NOT aftermarket.

The Heresy's I bought in 1977 brand new from a Klipsch dealer have those stands on them. The pictured Heresy's are constructed entirely of high grade cabinet quality plywood. There is no MDF in those cabinets like in the newer Heresy II's.

I'm not sure but I dont think you could even get the slanted stands until the Heresy II's came out.

Could I ask how much they are asking for them?

1.gif