2 more nice Cornwalls on Ebay Bad description

efzauner

Hey Formica, Dont you have a job? what are you doing surfing the forum at 10 am on a workday?

That single center cornwall was tempting... but I think a custom center would do fine too. The cornwall was like C$700 delivered.

So do you still need a K22 Woofer?

I think you could do better than $1k for CBR - 1981. If they had veneer it would be a different story. Look at the beautiful oak corns Craig just got for about $900. They were cornwall IIs I know but... The prices these days for cornwalls are ridiculously low. A couple years ago I would have said jump on them at $1k.

Hey Edmund you and The Ear are only a hop, skip and a jump from me here in Burlington, VT since you are located in Montreal, QC. Ear said there were some nice high end audio stores in the Montreal area I may have to come up and look around. If you ever plan on heading into the Burlington, VT area give me a shout.

----------------

On 6/6/2003 9:48:43 AM efzauner wrote:

Hey Formica, Dont you have a job? what are you doing surfing the forum at 10 am on a workday?

That single center cornwall was tempting... but I think a custom center would do fine too. The cornwall was like C$700 delivered.

So do you still need a K22 Woofer?

----------------

What do you think i was doing? Working ! I just happen to read forums for a living... lol... ok, maybe not, but I won't tell if you won't... 9.gif

Once you ad all the extra costs, 700$cnd for a single cornwall is kinda steep! I think your custom center will be a good match to your mains... probably better than the cornwall. Have you received your second set of heresys? And how did that custom set sound compared to them or your lascala?

I'm still looking for the K-22, I didn't win the last pair of woofers on Ebay being outbid just at the end. There is another set and the guy is reasonable on his shipping to canada so i'll try again... as it would be nice to have a matching set. I suprised myself on how nice the my restored Heresy cabinets have turned out... 1.gif I really think i'm gonna stick with the inversed original unit rather than a custom 1.gif. I'll post some pics in a new thread... only if i had room to install them.

Rob