RF3 & RF3II Feet

Dome

I am just wondering if feet made for the RF3II speakers will fit my RF3's. I remember reading that the feet were much stronger on the RxII series and my RF3's are currently footless. Does anybody know if the measurements for the feet are the same for the two speakers? The Klipsch parts guy I called could not tell me if they were or not.

Thanks

Well, since nobody seems to know, would the owner of a RF3II speaker mind measuring the distance from the middle of the mounting hole in the bottom of the speaker, to the ouside of the speaker, if you get a chance.

Thanks,

Adam

• Klipsch Employees

Adam, yes they will work on both models. Just call the parts and you can get the Small feet or the newer large feet...they mount the same.

If you dont use feet and have dogs, cats or small children, you are taking a chance of the speaker tipping over.

• 1 month later...

----------------

On 6/11/2003 9:14:55 PM trey cannon wrote:

If you don’t use feet and have dogs, cats or small children, you are taking a chance of the speaker tipping over.

----------------

They stand very solid without there feet. It would be a big dog. Besides when there is a chance that the speaker would tip over feets will break instantly. I did broke a foot when tipping over the speaker when replacing the spikes for the pads.

• 16 years later...

I know this is a very old post. No rf3 will not fit rf3 II. I have both. Rf3 II holes on the cab or a lot more in than the rf3 cab. The rf3 foot hole will not line up with the rfII cab hole. But the rf3 II feet will screw onto the RF3 cab but it will be protruding out the side of the cab, wont be tight against the side of the cab and could swivel and even break in half. I've seen it happen. I know cause I have both.

On 6/11/2003 at 5:14 PM, Trey Cannon said:

Adam, yes they will work on both models. Just call the parts and you can get the Small feet or the newer large feet...they mount the same.

If you dont use feet and have dogs, cats or small children, you are taking a chance of the speaker tipping over.

Saw you were here recently...

6 minutes ago, joy stick said:

I know this is a very old post. No rf3 will not fit rf3 II. I have both. Rf3 II holes on the cab or a lot more in than the rf3 cab. The rf3 foot hole will not line up with the rfII cab hole. But the rf3 II feet will screw onto the RF3 cab but it will be protruding out the side of the cab, wont be tight against the side of the cab and could swivel and even break in half. I've seen it happen. I know cause I have both.

Trey may or others may see this... welcome...if not, place a WTB ad in the Garage section of forum...