old tube amps... why are they so good?

tpg

I know what you mean about the heat factor. Hot air poured into the front seats of my Triumph no matter what the weather conditions were. I remember once having to use a piece of twine when the linkage to the gas pedal broke. I had to hold onto it out the window and pull every time I needed to accelerate. It was quite a sight!

" but anyone with an old Brit car and common sense wouldn't even drive 50 miles from home without electrical spares on hand!! "

LOL - Puts me in mind of a bumper sticker frequently seen on Vintage British Cars:

All Parts Falling From This Vehicle Are Of The Highest Quality British Manufacture

----------------

On 6/13/2003 10:09:10 AM mdeneen wrote:

The famous "box" where your legs go - fully entrapped by the transmission tunnel, door, etc - making a sort of "mummy bag" - would get to like 150 degrees on even the mildest day.

----------------

It's like a heater without adjustement controls !! The "T" series didn't have heaters so it's not bad on some days in Canadian spring and fall, but its definitely too hot in summer. Your legs look more sunburnt than you head... 9.gif

Rob

Allan,

Lucas garage door opener--great. Lucas caused a lot of problems in Jaguars, right?

You all have probably heard the old saying about Jaguar, that you should buy two. One for you to drive while the other is at the mechanic's being repaired. Some years back, maybe ten, I was leafing through an issue of Road & Track or something like that in a waiting office, and read where the editors had planned on putting the new and electrically improved Jaguar in their Top Ten list. That is, they were going to until their test car's electrical system died on them in the driveway.

Man was this ever a fun car, but eventually I decided to become an omega rancher instead of an alfa wrencher and traded it into a flat-bed truck with a dump bed. I sold it to William T. Wiley's kid who then had a lot of fun with it. Never really took the Alfa on any long trips but it always seemed like a comfortable car especially when going around Hwy 1 curves and any speed you like. The new hot rod is a restoration project of a classic 1941 Dodge pick up.

c&s

post-8419-13819248002036_thumb.jpg