Where are the Heritages

All,

Here in Florida NOBODY carries the Heritage series and I really want to audition the Belle and Klipschhorn so any place in Georgia that sells the full Heritage Line or must I go elsewhere?

Thanks J

KLF 30 mains

C7 center

8.5 rears

Yamaha RX-V 995

Toshiba SD-1600 DVD

Pioneer CLD-S201 LD

Pioneer PD-M53 CD

Sony 32 inch TV

No subs till house built

Kinda hard to see how they expect to sell too many when it is so hard to find some to audition. Makes you wonder just how serious their commitment to the heritage line is. When Paul K. is gone, will heritage speakers be gone too? Maybe they could designate a few dealers as "heritage audition sites". At least one in every major city, so that anybody who was serious about them, could hear them without an unreasonable drive.

------------------

JDMcCall

right on jd. i still think that at the very least jubilee/khorn on tour to dealer trunk shows complete w/ wine, cheese & budwiser is a great concept. biggrin.gif

seems like the heritage are only being kept around by klipsch LLC for sentimental reasons.

------------------

Klipsch KLF 30 (front), KLF C-7, Cornwall I (rear)

Velodyne HGS-18 sub woofer

Monsterbass 400 sub interconnects & M series CX-2 biwire & Z cable

Marantz SR-8000 receiver

Sony DVP-C650D cd/dvd player

Sony Trinitron 27" stereo tv

Toshiba hi-fi stereo vcr

Technics dual cassette deck

Scientific Atlanta Explorer 2000 digital cable box

Boa's Listenin Lounge:

Klipsch RF-3 (front), RC-3, cheap little Technics (rear)

Monster MCX Biwires/Bananas

Sony STR-DE935 a/v receiver

Kenwood KR-9600 AM/FM stereo receiver (power amp for RF-3)

Teac PD-D1200 5-disk cd player

Technics direct drive turntable

Sega Genesis game player

Sub: None yet

rock on!

So at what lenghts must I or in that fact those looking to travel the same road must indure?

somebody out there in KLIPSCHLAND must know and would be willing to release some type of listing of what state,city,store carries the Klipsch products and mainly if they carry Heritage.( the look for local klipsch thingy on the web page isn't very current!) So to continue I'll be in Nevada,Utah and Wyoming in June so if anybody knows of any Heritage dealers out there don't hesitate to tell the world!

------------------

Thanks J

KLF 30 Mains

C7 Center

8.5 rears

Yamaha RX-V995

Toshiba SD-1600 DVD

Pioneer CLD-S201 LD

Pioneer PD-M53 CD

Sony 32 inch TV

no subs till house built

Guest BobG

OK, please forgive me for being a bit edgy, but I've been on this rant before.

Klipsch is not trying to prevent the world from seeing and hearing Heritage speakers. In fact, we have been completely frustrated in efforts to get dealers to demo them. Most Klipsch dealers do not wish to demo Heritage speakers. Due to this we are working an a cool new concept to place Heritage models on display at dealers throughout the US and Canada. It's a big project and it's moving slowly.

On top of that, the supplier of midrange and high frequency drivers we have used for the past several years in the Klipschorn, Belle Klipsch and La Scala has stopped producing those parts. We have changed parts over the years as driver design has progressed so this is nothing new, but the supply was abruptly cut off, catching us with our horns down.

Now our engineering group is working with several suppliers to develop the best drivers for the applications. This is not a quick process as we are determined to do it right.

Between the new approach to distribution and the new driver development, it is tough to get any Heritage other than the Heresy II. This will change radically for the better. Target is end of year. Sorry for the delay but some things take time. We've been making Heritage models since 1946 and we are not going to hurry the process if it means doing it poorly.

Those of you who cannot wait that long - and I certainly understand as the least patient man I know - can find good deals in the used market. Lots of Heritge out there looking for good homes.

Sorry for the apparent lack of faith, BG. I guess since klipsch is practically alone when it comes to producing a line of speakers relatively unchanged over a period of decades, the pessimist in me keeps looking for the sky to fall; for klipsch to pull the plug on 'em.

I've been searching ebay for a belle klipsch since learning in early April that I would not be able to order a new one till at least late summer. Now you mention the end of the year. Yikes!

BTW, Bob, could you offer any idea on revised heritage pricing when they start shipping again? I know you probably couldn't be exact, but just some idea of what to expect would be helpful to those of us caught in the middle.

------------------

JDMcCall

Guest JimG

James,

Our industrial designer has a single Belle Klipsch in Walnut that he would like to sell if you are interested. I don't believe it was ever hooked up! He got it before he worked here. If you are interested, or if anyone else is interested, speak up! He needs the money to go buy a DVD player!

Jim

Jim G,

Thanks, but I've really gotta have oak to match my klipschorns. BUT...if you come across a nice oak oil belle, definitely let me know. I'd drive a long ways to get one. I rented a U-Haul trailer and drove about 400 miles to the Springfield, IL Klipsch dealer to get my cornerhorns. So under the circumstances (no new production, upcoming price hike and driver change, and music room bass problems that I think a belle center would alleviate), I'd think nothing of driving a thou to get one. For a fair price, anyway.

Thanks Again,

------------------

JDMcCall

Why can't Klipsch make a deal with the same Chinese company that is manufacturing their pro media's. Hell, with the money they would be saving in not having to pay one of those overpaid lazy Americans to make those speakers, Klipsch would certainly pass the saving on to the purchaser. Instead of paying 6 grand for a pair of Khorns maybe they would be half that. After all Nike passes the savings down to the purchaser 100 bucks for a pair of shoes is certainly a steal being that it probably costs a few dollars in material and sewing is probably as automated as it could be. So, 5 bucks to make a paid of Chinese shoes that will be sold in America for a hundred bucks is quite a profit for Mr. Nike. After all if an American made those shoes it might cost a WOPPING 9 dollars to manufacture those same shoes then Mr. Nike s profit would only be 91 dollars per shoe HOW WOULD HE BE ABLE TO AFFORD TO EAT ??????

Buy Foreign!!!And be proud about it!!! When all of us are out of jobs because we went overseas to save a dollar, Be sure to keep the kettle warm so you can soften up the leather on those foreign shoes so you can eat them. Because that is all you will be able to afford to eat.

How did I get from speakers to shoes dont ask me. I guess I am rather disappointed that Klipsch sold out.

I guess I am also disappointed in the general American public for not being able to comprehend what I said above.

Corporate America goes overseas to save money for there own selves. NEVER does the savings get passed on to the purchaser.

I was yelled at once before for turning the Klipsch site into a political forum. Sorry I did it again I will not comment to any responses

• 2 weeks later...