La scalas

----------------

On 6/16/2003 8:45:47 PM hallsound wrote:

I have a pair of Ls that are dead except the woofers

Any Idea's as to cost to repair both squakers and tweets?

----------------

Sounds like the diaphragms are out in the drivers you've listed. Simply speakers (www.simplyspeakers.com) sells the diaphragms. About $35 a piece. You could put them in if you've done some soldering and can follow instructions. There is a thread on here about replacing diaphragms. Just do a search.

I've replaced the diaphragms in my tweeters. They didn't work either when I bought my 79 La Scalas.

Tony B.

There's a member of this forum, BEC, who stocks parts and repairs the K77 tweeters. I'm sure he would also steer you right on the mid's. I've done business with this guy and can recommend him without hesitation or reservation.

Regards,

Dee

The replacement diaphrams for the K-55V midranges are pricey! They are $170 apiece from Klipsch parts. It's cheaper to purchase a set of used K-55V's off eBay, I have a pair posted up for auction right now as a matter of fact that came out of my '78 La Scalas in perfect working order and excellent cosmetic condition to boot. Do an eBay search for K-55V.

Don't panic! You can buy Atlas diaphragms for the K-55-V for about $55 + about $20 installation. Klipsch used to charge $75 installed for a diaphragm and $170 for the driver, but I understand the prices have gone up recently. The K-77 diaphragm is available for ~$25 by itself as a T-35 replacement. Klipsch had a much better overhaul kit for ~$75. The Klipsch kit is no longer available from EV. It is the diaphragm and the carrier already soldered together; easy fiels replacement. I don't know if they still have them. Call and see.