Synergy system

gianni_mga

I would like to buy the following Synergy system:

front -> SF2

rear -> SS-5

centre -> SC.1

sub -> KSW 10

Do you have any suggestion for the amplifier/receiver ?

I am not able to come to a decision.

YAMAHA as shown in the brochure or what else (ONKYO, HARMAN KARDON,etc.) or it is necessary to spend more money (ARCAM, etc.).

Basically I do not want to spend much; in that case I would buy RF3 as front loudspeaker.

Thanks for your advices and sorry for my English.

Regards

Gianni

you don't need a very powerful receiver to get the SF-2's to a high level. in my ht room I have SF-2 front, SF-1 rear, and SC-1 center with a 110 watt by 6 receiver and it works great. I would go with the onkyo or harmon kardon. the yamaha's supposedly sound bright with klipsch speakers.

Check out the Harman Kardon AVR 325. Don't be fooled by the 50 watts per channel, its a high current amp and in my opinion sounds very warm and good with Klipsch. I've only auditioned reference series on HK though, go to your local retailer and give it a listen.

that system will be plenty loud...i would recommend considering the KSW-12 over the KSW-10 though. it is a pretty good increase in performance between the two. i have friends with the KSW-10 and it is much weaker than the 12. i used to have the 12 with SF-2's...and it was decent!

Thanks to all for the information.

And what about the suggestion of the seller to change only the front loudspeakers with RF-3 II -> I will get great performance ?

And moreover can the rear loudspeakers be placed vertically without loosing performance ?

Thanks again.

----------------

On 6/18/2003 1:50:53 AM gianni_mga wrote:

Thanks to all for the information.

And what about the suggestion of the seller to change only the front loudspeakers with RF-3 II -> I will get great performance ?

And moreover can the rear loudspeakers be placed vertically without loosing performance ?

Thanks again.
----------------

Yes, the RF-3s will outperform the Synergy, IMO. However, you'll also need to change the center speaker to a Reference series (RC-3) to have the best soundmatch across the front. Then, you'll ultimately want the Reference surrounds as well :)

DD