Klipschorns on ebay

On 6/17/2003 3:30:39 PM Billabong1083 wrote:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3031143621&category=14993

Thanks for the headsup on the industrial Klipschorns, Billabong. Right here in Canada too and with a buy it now option. Makes it kind of tempting. I'm about 5 hours away. Industrial open models without the finished cabinets - not the prettiest things. They would register on the -10db WAF scale. I wonder what kind of shape the drivers are in. It looks like they might be from a bar or a church. I'm going to add it to my ebay watch list and see what happens. Right now, I'm not in a position to make a move ( literally - busted up right knee ). Take care. Hamish

A shucks. A pair of Khorns in Canada within a 1 day return drive and they have to be such ugly SOBs. And pricey to! I know that there is a revival of the high tech industry in Waterloo and RIM shares are out of the dumpster, but I dont think anyone will be buying these

hey I think they came from Lulu's Roadhouse. Ya know, the one with the world's longest bar...Anyone out there ever been to Lulu's?

----------------

On 6/17/2003 6:19:13 PM efzauner wrote:

hey I think they came from Lulu's Roadhouse. Ya know, the one with the world's longest bar...Anyone out there ever been to Lulu's?

----------------

My gut reaction was they were from Lulu's, but I couldn't remember the name. I went to college ( Conestoga ) there in the early '70's before Lulu's was even there. The watering hole then was Nicholson's Tavern over the bridge in Blair. The hifi shop used to be Schneider Hifi in downtown Kitchener. My roomie and I bought lots of gear there.

Those really are the ugliest Khorns known to man or beast !

I took my Masters degree at WLU. Kitchener-Waterloo is a lovely area. My wife and I loved the place. I hope to get back there for a visit after I retire.

So many memories !

Elora Gorge

Punkeydoodles Corner

Arriving at Luke Fusco's apartment after the grad party and depositing his drunken carcass in the middle of his living room. Somebody said Here's your husband lady. LOL It's a wonder Deanna ever spoke to any of us ( or Luke for that matter) again. 9.gif He is now the Dean of the School of Social Work at WLU. One great guy !