If you like jazz

bkrop

Try kcsm.org. 24 hours a day of Jazz and improvisational music from San Mateo, CA. I mentioned this station some months ago when they have their quarterly membership drives. If you want to build your Jazz aquisitions list, listening to KCSM radio over the web is a great place to start.

Klipsch out.

Another one to try is www.kkjz.org (changed call letters recently from KLON) from Los Angeles. You can also reach the site through www.jazzandblues.org Some of the dj's there are legendary (Chuck Niles, Helen Borgers). A good place to start is their "88 Greats" list in the music section. KKJZ is a commercial free station from Long Beach State that is purportedly heavily underwritten by Playboy.

Thanks for the suggestions.

My favorite is WFCR.org - public radio from Amherst, Mass. Classical during the day; jazz in the evenings. Jazz with Tom Reney, 8-11 Mon thru Thurs. is the single best jazz program I've heard.

Ditto to NPR station WFSB, 85.7 FM in Tampa. Great classical music and news during the day, and classic jazz all night long...it's almost worth staying up all night just to listen to it all (and I've come close to doing just that on a few ocassions).

----------------

On 6/30/2003 10:37:33 PM bkrop wrote:

Oh great NOW they decide to abandon the classic jazz rare format! Try later or tomorrow,40's,50's,60's jazz,really!

----------------

They're still playing jazz. Listening to it now on Temple radio. Check out their schedule. Nothing wrong with classical either. Looking for some great classical music as well.

Thanks,

Tony B.