1'60 Khorn with wood squawker on ebay

Hi. Check this out. It's interesting. It's a single 1960 Khorn on ebay with a wooden squawker horn. It seems to be in pretty fair shape. It's in St. Paul, Minnesota. Sales open to anybody worldwide and it's got 9 days to go. Cool!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3033622712&category=14993

Tried some nice single malt Scotch this week that JR brought. Balvenie 12 year old ( old enough to be on it's own ) double casked in traditional oak and sherry oak. Life is good.3.gif

Hi Lynnm,

I really admired your shrewd observations & writing skills on the auditory sensory topic in the "rf-7 vs. k horn" postings. I agree with your views on compensation and have had a long personal challenge of a different sensory nature.

As for the "rf-7's vs. Khorns" or LaScalas, there is a timeless appreciable quality inherent to the Heritage series that is also probably a good financial investment as well.

As for Scotch,I'm not a Scotch snob. I appreciate any Scotch - blends or single malts - as company & atmosphere are other factors in enjoyment.

The Laphroaigh you speak of is a rich, smokey, peaty, dark and bold Islay offering, that will knock your socks off. A lot of people are put off by the rather robust character. If you can find Ardbeg 10 year old or Ardbeg 18 year old, they are also distinct Islay offerings. I think you would enjoy either immensely.

One of the nicest low end surprises and don't let the name fool you - if you can find it - it's called " Sheepdip". Try it. Anyway, Lynnm, here's to you and all our American friends for a happy and safe Fourth of July with family and friends. Slainte mhath. Hamish

I'm a big fan of Jameson (yes I know it Irish) and Glenmorangie. I've not had a chance to try Glenmorangie's premium offerings. They are finished in port, sherry and one other type of cask I can't remember. Anybody try one of those? They are special order only round here.

BTW- my wife is thinking of Jameson as a name for our baby if it's a boy. If you were my friend and knew how much Jameson I drink, wouldn't you find that stange and/or pathetic?? (this is not a rhectorical question)