Cary Rocket 88 needs a home

Daddy Dee

Friends,

Wanted to let the forum know that I'm selling my Cary Rocket 88 power amplifier. It is fairly described as mint condition, and probably lower hours and cosmetics better than with dealer demos. I've just had the amp a few weeks for an Arkansas audition. I wouldn't say that I live in the sticks, but I can see it from here. Yes, actually cannot even get cable television at my residence so there sure as heck aren't places to audition much tube hifi gear. Even Custom Audio in Little Rock, where I bought my first Kenwood receiver and Advent speakers back when God was young, no longer even carries the Heritage line in Klipsch. Sad, sad, sad.

Anyway, wanted to let y'all know that there ain't no flies on this amplifier. I've just been checking out different types of amps to see what I like best with my Scalas. I have come to deeply appreciate the 2A3 Paramours built by Tom L on this forum. And my 299b will be my old standby whenever the demands exceed the abilities of the flea powered monoblocks. I listened to the Rocket 88 a week before getting the Paramours and couldn't imagine any amp that would sound better. In Triode they are sweet and switched to pentode they rock. This amp is one heavy bullet proof rascal. 20 or 40 wpc, either way.

My reason for selling is simply WAF. My wife and I have had a good time auditioning these amps, and that has been a special blessing in itself and I have to say it has tickled me for her to sit down and offer her comments and enjoy listening with me. She doesn't even want to sell it, but she's not tracking the bucks I've got in amp inventory right now either. She calls it the "city of lights" and was even a little sad that I thought it needed to go.

Anyway, $1200 plus shipping would get it for a member of the forum. It's listed on Audiogon for $1250. Check out the Cary Audio site for specs and reviews. Email me with questions.

Regards,

Dee

p.s. hope this is not a double post. I wrote this same post yesterday, but cannot find it on the forum today.