Reference build quality!

I replaced the driver and so far so good. It looks as if Klipsch installed a "reject" driver that made it past QC. The metal in the cone was bent and torn at one spot, the terminal conections looked "burned" and there was a ball point pen ink mark on the ceramic. The speaker was obviously a return/faulty speaker that made it past QC to be installled in a new RS-7 for distribution.

COME ON GUYS AT KLIPSCH, THE ECONOMY ISN'T THAT BAD, IS IT?7.gif

I cannot picture any scenario that would allow us to install a reject driver in any product. What you describe is very suspicious. Please do respond to Trey's message above.

I have purchased (and replaced, upgraded) the following speakers in the last year:

1 Quintet Center

5 Quintet Satellites

1 KSW-12

2 SB-2

2 RF-3II

1 RC-3II

2 RS-3

2 RB-3

1 RSW-10

I haven't had a single issue with any of them! The build quality and kraftsmenship was excellent. I think every once-in-a-while you will happen to get a deffective item -- from any brand and any kind of product. This is normal, just replace the deffective product and enjoy.

For example, I purchased a Sony Clie, and it was defective, it crashed and it had stuck pixels on the display. Replaced it, and the new one works flawlessly.

OK, back in town from a short vacation at the beach. The new speaker still works great!

I did purchase form an authorized dealer and had to return the damaged driver back to them. I use Sounds Unlimited in Danville, Virginia, an authorized dealer of Klipsch and B & W. The Klipsch sales rep is from Maryland, and I hesitate to put his name or the name of the Sounds Unlimited manager on the site as you guys would know who they are.

Administrators, Thank you for your concern and I hope you are able to tell what the problem is. Perhaps you could post your findings.

• Klipsch Employees

Phil,

For the most part the dealer does not send back "bad" drivers. We may not ever see the driver in question.

Even if we dont see the driver, please know that we try to supply our customers with a fine product. Some times that product can have problems. When they do, we hope the customer finds that our dealers and customer service do all they can to make the problem right.

Make a good product and stand behind it...

Take care and welcome to the forum.