Khorns integrated

cultrain88

I know this might sound funny, but how many have dual purpose khorns. H/T and 2 channel? Picture is lousy, did it with my Camcorder.9.gif I'm fairly new to this room. Any comments would be greatly appreciated on how to improve! I'll post more lousy pics, if ya want em.

Cultrain

post-12040-13819248383036_thumb.jpg

Many here have heritage mixed use HT/Music setups, with the Khorns being the ultimate Heritage. The simple answer is that most will tell you wonderful stories about the sound.

I personally think the the efficiency and detail for 600hz and up make the heritage especially nice for HT if you match with a quality subwoofer. When you timbre/efficiency match the mid and high freqs on 5 to 7 channels you are in for a treat.

Most who visit my mixed use room that is full of Heresys walk away very impressed - that includes good friends that have more expensive cone and stat setups. These are folks that are hyper critical and blunt. They are not just being kind (however, I have lent the SPL meter and a couple of test discs and helped them get their own systems sounding much better - just shows that proper setup goes a long way on any good system).

So true indeed. I also use the spl meter and test disc to set up my h/t and 2 channel. The horns are truly remarkable in any situation. Very life like simulation. The new Nora Jones cd sounds incredible. I use svs 20-39pc+'s(2) for my subwoofers. I'll probably add the new pb2 shortly. Can't get enough bass, for my h/t. As for setting the phases on 3 subs, I'm sure it will be tricky.

Cultrain

Cultrain

Nice equipment.

Marksdad is right, you probably do not want to put objects in your bass horns. (the first 4 feet of the wall from the corner)

Kind of looks like your center is an RC7 or something like that. Your HT will really shine if you could get a Heritage speaker in there. I found my HT REALLY CAME ALIVE when I added my K400 to my center channel. Even a single Heresy would add a lot.

As for your question, YES you can do a 2CH and HT listening very sucessfully using Khorns.

JM

JM is correct about the center channel. It used to be a Heresy I, then modified it using a K-401 horn. I was still not happy, but the correct crossover would have helped. Then along came this La Scala needing a new home, veneer work. So the grill hides most of what needs work, until I can get around to it. Hate covering up a speaker that needs to show it's self, but no time to finish it now.

This is only temporary as we are renting until we have a house built. With the attached birch side panels, bass gets into the 30's but it is down enough to notice. That improved when they were toed out to almost straight forward.

indy HT2.jpg

Thank you for the replys. I enjoy the feedback from klipsch fans. As for the svs blocking my extension of my khorns, I'm not sure where else to put my catch scratching posts. Funny thing is, I have two svs's. Of course its in front of my r/h and l/h khorn. The wall is 17ft wide(tv is 73") and I'm using pretty much all of it. I don't want to put the svs next to my mitsubishi tv. Probably rattle crt's off their mounts. 9.gif

Any suggestions would be much appreciated. I'm using all klipsch speakers for h/t and 2 ch. My center is a rc-7 and surrounds are rs-7's. For 2 ch. I have the khorns set to small with a crossover freq. set at 75hz. Its set opposite for h/t. I use the svs for pretty much all the bass extension. They do sound good. It was kind of difficult dialing in the phase on both of them, always seem to be readjusting them. I will post some more pictures this week(clear ones).

My system

Aragon Stage One

Aragon 3005

Denon 2900

Music Fidelity a3

Mistubishi 73909

SVS 20-39pc+

Khorns 90

RC-7

RS-7

Ps audio ultimate outlets

Transparent Power Bank Six