Trade Chorus IIs for Cornwalls +

dodger

Good Day:

Have one pair Chorus IIs. Medium Oak, oiled. About 10 hours use. Have boxes, manuals. 9 on a 10 scale

Want to trade for Cornwall IIs : Walnut or Oak (light or Medium).

Pick up and drop off preferred.

Contact me if more info needed.

Thanks,

Win dodger

Dodger-

You never know, someone may want the smaller footprint of the Chorus II versus the Cornwall. I don't know that I would call it a "trade down" as both the Chorus and Cornwall are outstanding speakers. Granted, the CW has the K-horn lineage but you can't say the Chorus II doesn't have the classic Klipsch clarity and power.

That said, it may be easier to sell them and then get Cornwalls. If they are in great shape, I might be interested in them. Any pics to share?

As a side note, I may have the opportunity to A/B the Cornwall vs. Chorus II at an audition this weekend. It would mean loading my Chorus IIs for a road trip, but it would be a neat comparison.

----------------

On 7/16/2003 12:54:44 PM garymd wrote:

BB,

I think his post read that he would trade chorus IIs for cornwalls +. Plus what? Only Dodger knows for sure.
2.gif

----------------

Hello:

Plus pickup/Delivery - Cornwall IIs:

Rochester, NY.

Jus' Keep on Smilin', Gotta Keep On Smilin',

Win

Dodger-

I live just across into CT, and while I don't have Cornwalls, if those Chorus IIs are in good condition, you should offer them up to the board before any attempt at eBay. I know I would be interested. Posting some pics would be nice to check their condition.

----------------

On 7/16/2003 1:51:15 PM jhawk92 wrote:

Dodger-

I live just across into CT, and while I don't have Cornwalls, if those Chorus IIs are in good condition, you should offer them up to the board before any attempt at eBay. I know I would be interested. Posting some pics would be nice to check their condition.

----------------

Greetings:

I don't have a digital camera and only have webTV, but I'll try for pictures.

The Chorus II story:

I bought them in 1992, at that time I had 2 pair of LaScalas and my wife wanted some room. My in-laws have an extra room so I stored them there, but would take them out of the box, listen for 15 minutes while I oiled then 2x year. Brought them over in April.

I sold the LaScalas, Johnnydb bought one pair, I can't remember his posting name, but Ed from Canada (I don't give out too much info without permission) bought the other pair.

So I've had them in the dining room, with my main system. No dings dents or scratches. Have boxes, manuals.

Less than 10 total hours on them.

I prefer the Cornwall IIs. Thus the offer first to Forum members. I would not feel right if I did not.

If I sell, I would need to know that the Cornwall IIs I get will be in the same shape as mine 9 on a 10, as are the Chorus IIs. So I will negotiate.

But the Board members have first chance, guaranteed.

Win dodger Rochester, NY