Anyone own/heard the Rotel RMB-1075

damonrpayne

Does anyone have comments on the Rotel RMB-1075 5-channel amplifier? I am thinking of picking one up to try to fix a problem I feel may be with my HK receiver. A local retailer is selling them new for $1000 and I could probably even talk them down a tad bit, which would allow me to make the purchase fairly soon. B&K and Aragon would be other brands I was looking at; they are at much higher price points for a 5 channel amp. Is this a "get what you pay for" situation? I've always heard good things about Rotel...

A buddy of mine has the 1075, it is a decent entry level HT amp. Check out the parasound hca-1205 though, for the same price you get more power and a much more detailed sense of dynamics. The Rotel seems to have, for lack of a better term, a bit of a "muddy" sound character to it. Just my opinion for whatever it's worth.

i disagree, i had rotel for almost a year, and i found nothing muddy about the product, i had the 1075 and it had a very warm sound to it, the reason i no longer run rotel is a very long story that i wont bore you with at this time. rotel is very warm, but in my opinion it lacks a bit in dynamics,the b&k is much better in this respect, when i got the ache to trade i auditioned the b&k gear against rotel and higher end denon, to my ears the b&k stuff was a head above the rest, it is great for 2 channel, but i really think it shines in ht, so much headroom. and 1000 is not a bargain, i got my 1075 for 900 more than a year ago, if you are able to, audition these babes head to head, using the same source material, i suggest episode 2, the dynamics there really show the capabilities of the reciever, good luck, and it dosent hurt to go directly to the web sites, and go looking for reviews12.gif

I've been running the 1075's big brother, the 1095, for most of this year; I would classify it as being neutral to slightly warm-sounding; I have heard amps with a little more clarity, offering more "immediacy" to the source material; otherwise I have no complaints.

... And I must agree that $1000 is not too good a deal on this; it doesn't quite have the balls power-wise to justify that expenditure...

From my experience, somewhere between $1600 and $1700(new) should be possible, although $1500 would seem more fair.

If you went used, I would not expect to have to pay more than $1300, in mint condition.

Just some guesses on my part, from local shopping and internet-watching...

I own the 1075 and could not be happier with it. The slight "warmth" that people talk about is a good match for Klipsch speakers which seem to readily show up shortcomings of the amps they are connected to. As far as "soundstage" and dynamics go comparing it to other brands I cannot comment, however, I did do an A/B comparison with the Rotel 1095 in my own theater, and honestly at listening levels anyone would ever contemplate the two sounded esentially identical. The 1095 will ultimately give you another 3db of spl (punch), but, in ordinary theater use I have yet to have the 1075 pushed anywhere near it's limits. (This is in a fairly large room with Reference 7 series). Be aware, that unless you already have a dedicated 20 amp line that a 1095 may require you rewire your room to feed it properly, whereas the 1075 gets along well on 15 amps.

Most Rotel dealers will discount the 1075 to about $850.00

Jerry Rappaport

I owned the RMB-1075 for about two months. One thing I did notice is, the rotels stay cool no matter how loud I played the music and movies. I thought it didn't fit well synergistically with my klipsch. I own the Aragon 3005, and its smooth as silk. Last amp I'll buy for a long time. Albeit, not a bad amp for the price point(if you get a deal on it). As for the $1000 price point, they be smoking crack. I bought mine brand new for $880 at home theater store in Dallas.

Cultrain

Aragon Stage One

Bat VK-200

Aragon 3005

Music Fidelity A3

Denon 2900

Mitsubishi 73909

Klipschorns 90 Ak-3

RC-7, RS-7's

(2)SVS 20-39 PC+

Tranparent and Straightwire Interconnects & Speaker wire

PS Audio and Transparent Line Conditioners