Schematic AK4 Network

I don't think you can legitimately take credit for Klipsch using L-pads and ferrite core inductors. Since the schematic has not been published, you cannot claim any influence at all, assuming Klipsch has noticed you.

The results, however, speak for themselves. The AK-4 K-horn does sound great.

Hi John,

Sigh, what a bitter post. This hobby and KHorns are for fun.2.gif

I have sent out about 100 schematics of my cross-over for the Khorn by email to members of this forum and the Audio Asylum.

The KWAK-Crossover for the old Klipshorn consist of fourth(!) order highpass filters for the squawker and the tweeter and takes care of the peaking of the midhorn around 5000-6000 Hz.

The ferrite core inductor in series with the bass I consider essential as a aircore gave much less good results. Also a gigantic trafocore coil did the bass disappear!

http://www.audioasylum.com/forums/HUG/messages/20180.html

2.gif

I doubt the R&D department of Klipsch has ever seen my filter schematic just as LCAdio was thinking the KWAK-CLOCK is a simple CMOS oscillator. It is NOT.

The AK-4 filter can be improved by replacing those white cement wirewound resistors by something better like metalfilm....1.gif