Incorporating tubes into HT.

Craig6519

I'd like to set up another HT system again, and at the moment want to keep the Dynaco ST-70 and Eico HF-85 in the system. How would I go about hooking this up to say a reciever? I know where to hook the amp up to use it but how would I incorporate the HF-85 into the sytem? My other issue I'm having right now is what speakers do I keep, My KLF-30's that I have a matching C7 for or my Cornwalls and look for possibly 3 Heresy's.

Craig

all you need to do is have a receiver with pre-outs for all the channels..... then run the preouts to your tube amps....

or get a dedicated preamp.......

if you look at my equipment list, you see a pioneer elite receiver....i use the preouts for the mains and run it to my dynaco sca-35 and power my klf-30's with the tube amp....

minn-male42, I understand how to hook up the Dynaco amp to the pre-outs, Can I hook the main pre-outs from a reciever to the Eico tube pre-amp and hook the dynaco into the Eico so I have straight tubes running my mains? I think this should work the only drawback I see is two volume controls when watching movies.

Craig

yes.... you can do that.... although i'm not sure that you will gain anything from running the signal through two preamp sections.....

my dynaco tube amp is actually an integrated amp with a preamp section.....

i run my preouts for my main channels into the "spare" input on the dyanco....

i leave the volume all the way up on the dynaco....

the volume control on my receiver still controls everything....