What is it that gives the RSW subs their "punch"?

fabulousfrankie

The combination of dual drivers and a very large amp give these subs lots of impact. Then we use a sophisitcated circuit combining eq, limiting and crossover which makes maximum use of driver area, amp power and enclosure volume. The decision to focus on bass @ 30 Hz and up enhances this characteristic.

----------------

On 8/4/2003 8:52:43 AM BobG wrote:

Then we use a sophisitcated circuit combining eq, limiting and crossover which makes maximum use of driver area

----------------

In layman's terms, there is an EQ circuit to flatten the sub's frequency response and roll-off?

I suppose it's "similar" in theory to the Linkwitz Transform Circuit ... but the fact that you concentrate in the 30hz and higher range rather than the power-hungry 20-30hz range give the subs more kick (more efficient use of it's power)...

But I'm just guessing there... 2.gif

Rob

The rather large magnet on the RSW-15 plus the BASH amp provide the punch. The design parameters Bob G gave us are a major actor as well.

Some folks want high SPLs down to 20 Hz. I cannot hear down to 20 Hz, so the emphasis on 30 Hz and up is a vaild design objective in my book. Below 30 Hz the shake factor is important. The RSW line does well in the shake factor IMO.

Bill

What gives the RSW line its punch,my nose and ears tell me the subs are EQ'd to give the most from 30-100Hz.The PR's help here as no port colorations are heard when crossover is set higher.

The RSW punch is not at all boomy or colored,just fast snap.And I can tell each reader here I love my RSW's and am adding the RSW12 soon to finish my RSW collection. 1.gif A pleasure to listen to,proof FLAT response is not always the most musical(besides music is not flat its made of a palette of colors).

I prefer to listen to most Jazz and new age played on my RSW15 and Revel B15 then the flatter HGS18!The only "flat" sub that beats them ALL is the awesome Aerial SW12.Its pure musical bass from 80Hz down to 16 pulses. 9.gif