build a center speaker from Cornwall

bsacco

You know that a lot of folks use a Heresy as a center (and as surrounds) for Cornwalls, right? Same tweeter, same mid driver (smaller horn). The Heresy doesn't reproduce as low a frequency, but I believe would handle 99% of the signal usually sent to a center channel (at least with movies). Smaller speaker makes placement as a center easier than a Cornwall, too.

fini

----------------

On 8/4/2003 2:12:26 PM bsacco wrote:

I was wondering if anyone has built their own center speaker from Cornwall components.

----------------

Actually Trey has done exactly that... if you hunt around, i remember he posted pics of his HT including it at one point.

I'm in the middle of going the Heresy I route myself... as fini suggested it's a little smaller and is a better match than the rare Academy

Rob

• 2 weeks later...

I had the same problem as you except in my case it was the La Scala. I couldn't fit another La Scala in the center and I could never seem to find an acadamy. So I built my center using components from 3 different Klipsch lines. The tweeter is a EV T35 (aka K77) the mid came out of a KLF30 and then I used 2 10" woofers out of an RF7. It is a big center but matches my La Scala's pretty damn good. Go to my HT page to see pics. It was a very fun project to work on. If you choose to build your own take your time and ask lots of Q's.

scooter

• 2 weeks later...