RSW 15 Manufacturing Problem?

Maybe a moderator can shed some light on my question;

I heard from an Internet reseller that 'they' (presumably Klipsch) has not shipped RSW 15 since around June due to faulty amplifiers going bad (some kind of popping) but will resume shipping the fixed product later in August.

Since buying Klipsch off the internet void's your warrenty through Klipsch (except when bought through an authorized reseller) I don't want to get stuck with a bad one and can wait a few weeks. Some of the low prices seem worth the gamble since if the first one doesn't work, I can buy another one off the internet and not come out not much higher ($$) than buying one at retail.

How would an unauthorized internet reseller possibly know anything about what Klipsch is doing? This is the first negative report associated with any of the RSW series of subs that I am aware of.

What you are describing was a "problem" with the previous LF series (LF-10), and it's doubtful it was carried over into the new-line.

Big load of BS,the reseller is smoking weed.All the Klipsch dealers I spoke with have no troubles with RSW series amps.I have two RSW's and pushed both many times and NEVER had any problems.

Like Dean said..it may be the LF series,discontinued sone time ago.

Don't wanna be the devils advocate but, my RSW-15 blew an amp about 3 or 4 months ago. BUT on the bright side, working with Klipsch to fix the issue was outstanding! Immediate response from them and I could not have asked for better customer support. Well, suppose they could have flow someone to my house from the plant and replaced the parts themselves, but that may be asking just a bit too much 2.gif9.gif

I'm quite confident in the reliability of the RSW's, but I have to say from having a 5.1 ProMedia sub go bad and then following Moon's issue with his 15 that the prospect of having one of mine go bad lingers in the back of my mind sometimes.

~shoe